By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109
RolStoppable said:
mornelithe said:

How would the Colts know the PSI of every ball the Patriots had?  Additionally, doesn't that fall under the same umbrella of 'feigning innocence' like you know, that whole thing you just barely stated about the Patriots handing over the footage?  As I said, you lack objectivity to really look at this issue.

I said the Colts could expect that the other eleven balls of the Patriots would be within regulation. Isn't it a reasonable expectation to assume that the opposing team will play by the rules? Or do you now want to argue that the Patriots are chronic cheaters? In that case the Colts wouldn't have needed to manipulate the ball themselves.

'Could' being the operative word, the Colts also 'could' have tampered with the football that they intercepted.  The Patriots 'could' also expect the opposing team will play within the rules.  And try as you may, you're not going to twist my words around on me.  I never suggested the Patriots are chronic cheaters (even twice in 7 years, wouldn't be considered chronic, by the way), I merely suggested that the same 'hidden meaning' you applied to the Patriots providing the footage of the 'elderly man' entering the bathroom for 98 seconds, was exactly the same as applying a 'hidden meaning' to the Colts handing in a ball they may or may not have tampered with.

But hey, everyone's entitled to their opinion, thankfully the Wells' investigators are probably taking a wider look at this than you.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
mornelithe said:

'Could' being the operative word, the Colts also 'could' have tampered with the football that they intercepted.  The Patriots 'could' also expect the opposing team will play within the rules.  And try as you may, you're not going to twist my words around on me.  I never suggested the Patriots are chronic cheaters (even twice in 7 years, wouldn't be considered chronic, by the way), I merely suggested that the same 'hidden meaning' you applied to the Patriots providing the footage of the 'elderly man' entering the bathroom for 98 seconds, was exactly the same as applying a 'hidden meaning' to the Colts handing in a ball they may or may not have tampered with.

But hey, everyone's entitled to their opinion, thankfully the Wells' investigators are probably taking a wider look at this than you.

You don't get it, do you?

Nobody could prove any team as cheaters by manipulating one out of twelve balls, especially when the ball in question is the one that you could have tampered with after intercepting it. In such a case where one ball is off and the other eleven are within regulations, the suspicion would fall on the team that intercepted the ball, so the Colts simply lack a good reason (a motive) to have tampered with the ball. They would have needed access to all twelve balls in order to pull off a malicious plan.

I'm not the one constantly moving the goalposts in this, and moving from one extremely thin premise to another.   You can keep rewording your argument however you like, but it makes no difference to me.  There's as much reason for the Colts to tamper with a ball, as there is for the Patriots to (Win a game, versus, tarnish the franchise...I mean, look at how interested you are in explaining away the Patriots success as cheating).  And that you continue to say the Colts didn't have a motive is absolutely hysterical

So, I'm done with discussing this with you, further responses will be ignored, as you ignore reality.

I can't wait for the year we have a Superbowl in London, so we can have a real national anthem played before the game.

Go Seahawks!

We probably won't see as many interceptions as last year because Peyton Manning isn't playing.

I'm really looking forward to a Superbowl halftime ad.
Just you wait. It will blow your minds. Best vacationing spot ever.

Ahem* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toZaCpIzDqg&feature=youtu.be

This might actually be advertising spam, but I just love this ad.

Around the Network

The ad for Furious 7 is the best thing to happen so far.

Though the Seahawks with a competent QB would be something good.

Jeremy Lane will not be returning to play.

I kissed a girl and I like it
k Katy Perry

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

BraLoD said:
Someone have a link? If there is still half the game I can still join in

It's streaming via NBCSports, let me know if that's not an option.  Have another option for you.

RolStoppable said:
episteme said:
Go Seahawks!

We probably won't see as many interceptions as last year because Peyton Manning isn't playing.

I know you haven't been following this thread, but his name is Peyton Wheelchair Manning now. Although some people have objected because it implies higher mobility than he actually has.

I saw that it was in the thread title.

Oh, and I was wrong about the interceptions.