By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109
burninmylight said:
Tr0llStoppable said:
CLE-CIN 2 KC-BUF 2 MIA-DET 2 DAL-JAC 1
SF-NO 2 TEN-BAL 2 PIT-NYJ 1 ATL-TB 2
DEN-OAK 1 STL-ARI 2 NYG-SEA 2 CHI-GB 2
BYE   BYE   BYE   CAR-PHI by X

Philly by 10

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
burninmylight said:

Philly by 10

Someone else with a 7-5 record has made the same prediction, but the rule against ties is really only concerned about preventing ties for the ranks that net points. Since you aren't in contention for a top 5 record with a PHI by 10 prediction, it will be accepted.

Well that's nice to know. I have never picked based on what other people on this board are doing, so I wonder who else has the same prediction.

So this happened:

Under pressure Derek Carr threw the ball to an offensive lineman (an illegal receiver), who seemed as surprised as anyone that he got the ball, then went on to fumble the ball away.  The play is being dubbed, "The most raider play of all time".

Talk about timing: Carson Palmer signs a contract extension then proceeds to tear his ACL the very next day.
Drew Stanton in for the remainder of the season. They have been winning with him as well...

Burek said:
Talk about timing: Carson Palmer signs a contract extension then proceeds to tear his ACL the very next day.
Drew Stanton in for the remainder of the season. They have been winning with him as well...

The intresting thing is that this happened to Palmer when he was playing for the Bengals a few years ago. He got a huge contract on the Bengals and 10 days later he tore his ACl and was out for the season. It's really sad actually. I feel really bad for the guy especially sense he just got back from an injury and is on an excellent team that can make a run for the superbowl.  

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Around the Network
arcane_chaos said:
I guess I can say at least my team wasn't the worst on Sunday....holy shit 55 points!!! Sad day to be a Bears fan

Per usual the Giants where doing pretty well up until the second half when the defense completely fell apart. The defense is already piss poor with a bunch of players on IR and the defensive coordinator had no idea what he was doing... at all! No adjustments where made and as a result of that the Hawks ran all over us :(. On the brightside the offense did pretty well. Parker finally stepped up and Odell did great considering he was being guarded by Sherman. This team needs a lot of adjustments and new coaching staff (defensively) to be a good team again. Crossing my fingers next year will be better XP

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Not sure if there's a worse way Carolina could've started off

Cam looks worse than Weeden, and that's saying a LOT. I think any average college big 12 qb would be far far FAR better than the Zombie wearing Cams uniform tonight. It's odd too, Carolina just got some key players back from injury and are playing for 1st in the south, but with the QB playing worse than garbage they are hopeless.

Lol, the Eagles Defense is garbage, the fact that Cam can't do anything is really telling of whether or not he's a good QB. Anyway blowouts are boring and I'm just waiting for Halo at this point.

NobleTeam360 said:
Lol, the Eagles Defense is garbage, the fact that Cam can't do anything is really telling of whether or not he's a good QB. Anyway blowouts are boring and I'm just waiting for Halo at this point.

I'm not a PlayStation fan!!!!