By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109

Damn cj anderson, now that's how you give effort.

Around the Network

wow sf won against no

and i thought Seattle will win vs ny. but if the dont, its still hard for them to make it into the Playoffs
its not even sure, if one west Team will get a Wildcard spot

detroit going 7:2 favours the North, too

2 Teams North
2 Teams east
1 Team south
1 Team west

is still my prediction

Broncos finally seem to have their feet under them after Manning basically spots ten points to Oakland, maybe San Antonio in the future? I know it's just a ploy to try and get a new stadium--which is needed, it's ridiculous that the raiders and A's share a home, especially early in the season when the diamond screws with the field--but it would be funny to see the raiders leave Oakland yet again.

Chris Hu said:
Arkaign said:
Chris Hu said:
Calvin Johnson being back for the Lions will probably be more then enough for them to win the division especially since they also still have the best overall defense in the NFL.

Hahah that's an awful confident statement for a team that barely squeaked one out at home vs. the Dolphins.

The Dolphins are a pretty decent team.  What it comes down to is Green Bays offense versus Detroits defense and I think Detroits defense will win out since offensively Green Bay is not much better especially since Detroit now has Calvin Johnson back.  He definetly was the X-Factor that won the game for them today

I'll agree that CJ is great, but I'm not sold on DET as a good team.  I can't see them stopping GB in a high stakes showdown, but maybe I have too much faith in Rodgers. 

Arkaign said:
Chris Hu said:
Arkaign said:
Chris Hu said:
Calvin Johnson being back for the Lions will probably be more then enough for them to win the division especially since they also still have the best overall defense in the NFL.

Hahah that's an awful confident statement for a team that barely squeaked one out at home vs. the Dolphins.

The Dolphins are a pretty decent team.  What it comes down to is Green Bays offense versus Detroits defense and I think Detroits defense will win out since offensively Green Bay is not much better especially since Detroit now has Calvin Johnson back.  He definetly was the X-Factor that won the game for them today

I'll agree that CJ is great, but I'm not sold on DET as a good team.  I can't see them stopping GB in a high stakes showdown, but maybe I have too much faith in Rodgers. 

The Lions defense is more then capable to actually win the divison for them before it even comes to that final game in Green Bay.  I wasn't to sold on them being a good team either but they have the best overall defense in the NFL and with Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate they have one of the best receiver duos in the NFL.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Arkaign said:
Chris Hu said:
Arkaign said:
Chris Hu said:

The Lions defense is more then capable to actually win the divison for them before it even comes to that final game in Green Bay.  I wasn't to sold on them being a good team either but they have the best overall defense in the NFL and with Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate they have one of the best receiver duos in the NFL.

Yeah but

They're Detroit

Ugh lol. I picked STL to upset ARI, who I'm still convinced is overrated, and they had it late in the game right until Carson Palmer got knocked out of the game, and it all fell apart. I had three games today turn like that late. Ah well, that's football.

RolStoppable said:

I am enjoying this game very much.

EDIT: Oh, I want to make a prediction. Marc Trestman will be the first NFL coach to get fired and replaced during a game.

EDIT2: Okay, a good 25 minutes played. The starters had their fun, now bring in the backups.

If I wasn't on my phone, I'd post the Brandon Marshall crying gig...

Jay Cutler being... Jay Cutler XD

I mean I knew the Bears were bad, but DAMNNNNNNN THEY SUCK!!!!!

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

FatedReality said:
Jay Cutler being... Jay Cutler XD

I mean I knew the Bears were bad, but DAMNNNNNNN THEY SUCK!!!!!

so at least one more win for the cowboys this season
yeah