By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109
Chris Hu said:
RolStoppable said:
Chris Hu said:

If they would play next week I couldn't see the Cowboys winning even if it was at their home field.  Right now the Patriots and Broncos are clearly better then any team in the NFC this might chance by the end of the season but I doubt so.  As a matter of fact by the end of the season there will probably be a couple more AFC teams that are clearly better then any team in the NFC.

Yet another great counterpoint of yours. And really, based on what the Broncos showed today, I have no idea why you think that they are god-tier.

Another thing, you are mixing up the words "change" and "chance" all the time, nevermind your punctuation that is lacking. But somehow you thought you are in the position to complain about other people's grammar and spelling? (Yes, I know about your moderation.)

The Broncos are not god-tier but still better then any team in the NFC currently.  Only complained about one persons grammar and spelling and that guy was a lot worse then me.  I think my grammar and spelling and puntuation are pretty good for English not being my original native language and on top of that English was never my best subject I was barely a C student in English.

Not piling on you, but I just wanted to inform you that in the NBA, the West is a conference, not a divison (Pacific, Northwest, Southwest).

Around the Network
burninmylight said:

Exactly. There's still a ton of football between now and February, so to hand the better team on paper the victory in November is pointless.

Not sure he's really handing them the victory, didn't he say nobody is better right now?  Tons can happen between now and then, but it's an accurate statement for the present, don't you think?

RolStoppable said:
burninmylight said:

Exactly. There's still a ton of football between now and February, so to hand the better team on paper the victory in November is pointless.

Yup. By the way, congrats for winning today and pulling ahead of the Bears. Now we only need noname to post the official Bears song...

Oh dude, screw you and your weak ass Oops, I meant thanks! I love it when I can pick my team to win and they pull it off in the same week!

But, could you go back to making fun of us again? I appreciate the props, but I don't know how to react when you say nice things, and it makes me uncomfortable. My tiny purple and gold brain can't comprehend such layers of complexity.

burninmylight said:
Chris Hu said:
RolStoppable said:
Chris Hu said:

If they would play next week I couldn't see the Cowboys winning even if it was at their home field.  Right now the Patriots and Broncos are clearly better then any team in the NFC this might chance by the end of the season but I doubt so.  As a matter of fact by the end of the season there will probably be a couple more AFC teams that are clearly better then any team in the NFC.

Yet another great counterpoint of yours. And really, based on what the Broncos showed today, I have no idea why you think that they are god-tier.

Another thing, you are mixing up the words "change" and "chance" all the time, nevermind your punctuation that is lacking. But somehow you thought you are in the position to complain about other people's grammar and spelling? (Yes, I know about your moderation.)

The Broncos are not god-tier but still better then any team in the NFC currently.  Only complained about one persons grammar and spelling and that guy was a lot worse then me.  I think my grammar and spelling and puntuation are pretty good for English not being my original native language and on top of that English was never my best subject I was barely a C student in English.

Not piling on you, but I just wanted to inform you that in the NBA, the West is a conference, not a divison (Pacific, Northwest, Southwest).

My, bad conference and division is more or less the same thing.

mornelithe said:
burninmylight said:

Not sure he's really handing them the victory, didn't he say nobody is better right now?  Tons can happen between now and then, but it's an accurate statement for the present, don't you think?

He also said he could see an NFC beating the Broncos or Patriots in the Super Bowl, which is played in February. Perhaps if he meant a matchup that was played right now, he should have said today.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
burninmylight said:
Chris Hu said:
RolStoppable said:
Chris Hu said:

My, bad conference and division is more or less the same thing.

In today's NBA, it almost is. Other than a division winner getting a guaranteed playoff seed, divisions serve little purpose.

burninmylight said:
mornelithe said:
burninmylight said:

He also said he could see an NFC beating the Broncos or Patriots in the Super Bowl, which is played in February. Perhaps if he meant a matchup that was played right now, he should have said today.

He said, and I quote:

"No, it isn't right now I couldn't see any team in the NFC beating the Patriots or Broncos in a Superbowl matchup."

Superbowl isn't for quite some time.  Right now, Broncos and Patriots are probably 1-2 for power rankings, right?  Still, after right now, anything can change.  Pats have a tough schedule for the rest of the year.

RolStoppable said:
mornelithe said:

He said, and I quote:

"No, it isn't right now I couldn't see any team in the NFC beating the Patriots or Broncos in a Superbowl matchup."

Superbowl isn't for quite some time.  Right now, Broncos and Patriots are probably 1-2 for power rankings, right?  Still, after right now, anything can change.  Pats have a tough schedule for the rest of the year.

It's really not that important, but...

The entire conversation was sparked by a comparison between the AFC and NFC overall. The quote you picked out is subsequent goal post moving which is what usually happens when someone talks to Chris Hu. After trying a few times, he is able to come up with something agreeable, but that rarely has anything to do with the original point anymore.

It's all good, I got what you were saying, just clarifying really.  Who the heck knows what's going to happen in the next 8 weeks.  Some other team could easily emerge as a contender.  But, if the SB was today, yeah, the Pats and Broncos are probably 2 teams nobody wants to face.

mornelithe said:
RolStoppable said:
mornelithe said:

He said, and I quote:

It's really not that important, but...

The entire conversation was sparked by a comparison between the AFC and NFC overall. The quote you picked out is subsequent goal post moving which is what usually happens when someone talks to Chris Hu. After trying a few times, he is able to come up with something agreeable, but that rarely has anything to do with the original point anymore.

It's all good, I got what you were saying, just clarifying really.  Who the heck knows what's going to happen in the next 8 weeks.  Some other team could easily emerge as a contender.  But, if the SB was today, yeah, the Pats and Broncos are probably 2 teams nobody wants to face.

So we're arguing (1) over semantics (2) on a message board, where written word is not as easy to interpret as oral, and to top it off, (3) it's coming from a guy who said English is not his first language and he's not pretending to have mastered it. I think we should just agree to stop this here.

Miguel_Zorro said:
Chris Hu said:
The Broncos have a easier remaining schedule then the Patriots but if they end up with identical records the tie will go to the Patriots. Right now it looks liked it would be the Patriots versus the Cardinals in the Superbowl. If that would happen the Patriots would be heavy favorites. Despite having the Raiders, the Jaguars and the Jets the AFC is a lot better then the NFC right now.

It doesn't look at all like the Cardinals will be in the Super Bowl.  7 wins, but an easy schedule.  Their record won't be as good in the second half.

Actually their remaing schedule is not that tough.  Also I doubt they really have to have the best record in the NFC to make it to the Super Bowl.  They made it to the Super Bowl with a 9-7 record in 2008 and this years team is a lot better then that team was.