By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109
RolStoppable said:
Chris Hu said:
RolStoppable said:
Chris Hu said:
Despite having the Raiders, the Jaguars and the Jets the AFC is a lot better then the NFC right now.

Head to head might be a draw but when it comes to winning teams with at least 5 or more victories the AFC has the clear edge 11 versus 6.

You do realize that having the Raiders, Jaguars, Jets and Titans in the conference makes such conditions much easier to fulfill, right?

The NFC has just as many horrible teams Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Washington and Minnesota are just as bad despite having slightly more wins.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Chris Hu said:

The NFC has just as many horrible teams Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Washington and Minnesota are just as bad despite having slightly more wins.

Sure...

The four AFC teams I named combine for a record of 4-30 while your four NFC teams combine for 10-24. The fact that you tossed in Minnesota (a 4-5 team that is ahead of Chicago and St. Louis) shows that you aren't really thinking hard about what you say.

You know, before SNF, the AFC combined for 66 wins while the NFC combined for 65. So there is hardly any difference between the two conferences, except that the talent is more evenly spread in the NFC. It's also worth mentioning that the NFC is slightly ahead when it comes to bye weeks, so its teams have played fewer games overall. Saying that one conference is a lot better than the other one is wrong any way you slice it.

No, it isn't right now I couldn't see any team in the NFC beating the Patriots or Broncos in a Superbowl matchup.

Arkaign Predicts:
NO-CAR W TB-CLE W ARI-DAL L PHI-HOU L
NYJ-KC W JAC-CIN W SD-MIA W WAS-MIN W
STL-SF L DEN-NE W OAK-SEA W BAL-PIT ?
BYE   BYE   BYE   IND-NYG 1 x 17?

Hmm.

Guess we'll see. SF is not doing well this year.

Chris Hu said:
RolStoppable said:
Chris Hu said:

Sure...

The four AFC teams I named combine for a record of 4-30 while your four NFC teams combine for 10-24. The fact that you tossed in Minnesota (a 4-5 team that is ahead of Chicago and St. Louis) shows that you aren't really thinking hard about what you say.

You know, before SNF, the AFC combined for 66 wins while the NFC combined for 65. So there is hardly any difference between the two conferences, except that the talent is more evenly spread in the NFC. It's also worth mentioning that the NFC is slightly ahead when it comes to bye weeks, so its teams have played fewer games overall. Saying that one conference is a lot better than the other one is wrong any way you slice it.

No, it isn't right now I couldn't see any team in the NFC beating the Patriots or Broncos in a Superbowl matchup.

...did you read his post? You're just making an argument that the top tier teams in the AFC are better than the top tier teams in the NFC. Which Rol covered with "the talent is more evenly spread in the NFC."

Or is this some kind of new subtle trolling that I'm missing?

RolStoppable said:
Chris Hu said:

Well, you couldn't see the Cowboys beating the Saints either.

If they would play next week I couldn't see the Cowboys winning even if it was at their home field.  Right now the Patriots and Broncos are clearly better then any team in the NFC this might chance by the end of the season but I doubt so.  As a matter of fact by the end of the season there will probably be a couple more AFC teams that are clearly better then any team in the NFC.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
RolStoppable said:
Chris Hu said:

Sure...

In 2007, no one could see the 9-7 wildard Giants beating the 16-0 Patriots in the SB. It's a bit early to be penciling in your champions.

burninmylight said:

In 2007, no one could see the 9-7 wildard Giants beating the 16-0 Patriots in the SB. It's a bit early to be penciling in your champions.

This is true, but the Giants peaked at the right time, and they played a hell of a game against the Pats in the SB.

No trolling just stating the obvious just like in the NBA the West is clearly better division, despite two key injuries in OKC and the Lakers being terrible.

RolStoppable said:
Chris Hu said:

If they would play next week I couldn't see the Cowboys winning even if it was at their home field.  Right now the Patriots and Broncos are clearly better then any team in the NFC this might chance by the end of the season but I doubt so.  As a matter of fact by the end of the season there will probably be a couple more AFC teams that are clearly better then any team in the NFC.

Yet another great counterpoint of yours. And really, based on what the Broncos showed today, I have no idea why you think that they are god-tier.

Another thing, you are mixing up the words "change" and "chance" all the time, nevermind your punctuation that is lacking. But somehow you thought you are in the position to complain about other people's grammar and spelling? (Yes, I know about your moderation.)

The Broncos are not god-tier but still better then any team in the NFC currently.  Only complained about one persons grammar and spelling and that guy was a lot worse then me.  I think my grammar and spelling and puntuation are pretty good for English not being my original native language and on top of that English was never my best subject I was barely a C student in English.

mornelithe said:
burninmylight said:

This is true, but the Giants peaked at the right time, and they played a hell of a game against the Pats in the SB.

Exactly. There's still a ton of football between now and February, so to hand the better team on paper the victory in November is pointless.