By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony is currently in break up talks with major investors and Morgan Stanley.

After posting losses in excess of 5 Billion in 2009, Sony posted the largest loss in electronics history in 2012.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2127643/Sony-plunges-6-4BN-annual-loss-Samsung-Apple-eat-businesses--giant-cuts-10-000-jobs-worldwide.html

This loss was posted in April 2012. In the following year they posted another 1.3 Billion dollar loss and were forced to sell their birthplace, kill their PC division and spin off their TV division.

Their most recent quarterly report, released yesterday, shows a meager profit over 200 Million USD. However it's not even close to recouping the billions lost by the company over the last decade. Nor will it alleviate their debt situation, which currently consumers 75% of the company value.

Around the Network
Wanderlei said:
After posting losses in excess of 5 Billion in 2009, Sony posted the largest loss in electronics history in 2012.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2127643/Sony-plunges-6-4BN-annual-loss-Samsung-Apple-eat-businesses--giant-cuts-10-000-jobs-worldwide.html

This loss was posted in April 2012. In the following year they posted another 1.3 Billion dollar loss and were forced to sell their birthplace, kill their PC division and spin off their TV division.

Their most recent quarterly report, released yesterday, shows a meager profit over 200 Million USD. However it's not even close to recouping the billions lost by the company over the last decade. Nor will it alleviate their debt situation, which currently consumers 75% of the company value.

Good luck with the ban.

This is actually kind of adorable. I wonder if he had all these links and posts written up on a wordprocessor, ready to cut and paste in a steady stream, or if he's frantically web searching and typing as he goes, hunched over his keyboard, a look of grim determination set into his steely brow as he hefts his keyboard, desperation driving him. "I know my purpose. I must stop the PS4 from outselling its competition. I must drive them all away! QUICKLY! How many variations of 'Reasons Sony is Doomed' can I type into Bing???"

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

daredevil.shark said:
Wanderlei said:

Good luck with the ban.

For what? Posting objective facts you dont like? Goodluck with that.

Wanderlei said:
daredevil.shark said:

Good luck with the ban.

For what? Posting objective facts you dont like? Goodluck with that.

We have seen trolling attemps like this a lot. Fact is you are trying to troll. Now mods will judje.

And yeah. Sony is doing poorly. But they are recovering. And there is no way they will sell entertainment division. Plus here we all are up to date with financials and numbers. You seem to be lag behind.

Around the Network
Wanderlei said:

Wow were you born yesterday? 

Where do you think this is? I mean according to your join date you joined around this time last year but you do realize this is a sales sight, and even if this old news hasn't been posted already its common knowledge Sony been having trouble for the past decade.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

daredevil.shark said:

We have seen trolling attemps like this a lot. Fact is you are trying to troll. Now mods will judje.

You know... the word "troll" has become a ubiquitous one. Everyone makes use it of to label those with whom they happen to disagree. I'm a troll in your eyes because I have opinion contrary to yours.

toplel

lol posting moths old news, come one.

id hope they break it up, Hitachi owned SCE with some money poured into would rule gaming ass.

Is there a way of ignoring whole threads on this site?

The PS5 Exists.