By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Equal rights : Should female humans be allowed to go topless in public?

BMaker11 said:

For the majority.  Yes.

Around the Network

You can't even show a female nipple on basic cable. Look at the stuff those shows get away with. Almost any amount of violence or profanity is just fine, but a single female nipple? Call the censors, some poor kid is going to be scarred for life!

This social behavior is not going to change in the next ten years. Maybe not in the next 100 years.

TruckOSaurus said:
novasonic said:
Miguel_Zorro said:

Women are allowed to go topless where I live.  But nobody ever does.

Pretty sure they are here too. I've only seen it once before though.

OT: I have no problem with the gender equality issue of it, but how about we just make it illegal for men to go topless? There's a lot of nasty fatties walking around topless that should be covered up.

I have this theory that there's only two kinds of guys that go shirtless, the really buff guys who like showing off and the really fat ones who have no shame.

Perhaps we can pass some kind of law to discriminate against ugly people.. There will be 1950' style propaganda posters all over illustrating how to determine if you're attractive enough to go topless. Stand up straight and look straight down without arching your back (women can pull their breasts to the side for a better view.) If you can see your feet, you are authorized to wear a tank top. If you can see your pubic bone, you are authorized to go topless.

No no no, that doesn't work. Then those nasty too skinny people will slip through the system.. OK, BMI scales all over the place like parking meters. If you're in the green zone, it prints a ticket authorizing going topless. Yellow zone authorizes wearing a tank top. Red zone gotta cover it up! And make sure you keep your ticket on your person. If a police officer questions you and you've lost your ticket, they will use their own discression when making a dicision. You don't want to end up with an indecent exposure fine just because you lost your ticket.

I should get into politics..

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Miguel_Zorro said:
novasonic said:
Miguel_Zorro said:

Women are allowed to go topless where I live.  But nobody ever does.

Pretty sure they are here too. I've only seen it once before though.

OT: I have no problem with the gender equality issue of it, but how about we just make it illegal for men to go topless? There's a lot of nasty fatties walking around topless that should be covered up.

We live in the same place. ;)

Get out of my house!

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

DD_Bwest said:

My point is, women are the people to ask and not guys.  There is clear reasons to why women dont fight this law and that is understandable. It all comes down to sexualized content and you can say well you would just get use to it, but then you could say the same thing about pants.   Maybe you could just get use to seeing dicks all the time hanging about, but we dont fight for that either for very similar reasons.  Humans are self-aware, self-conscious, etc  Sure we could train ourselves to be just like any other animal but we arent.

Its like fighting a law that nobody really cares about 

Around the Network

To your average male they would say yes. Maybe even a few females .

Also I don't think Religion plays a major factor in if someone has the right to walk around with their tits showing.

Yes please!
But I don't expect anyone to do it.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

"Female humans"? Guessing the OP isn't too successful with the ladies.

Just read your OP, and not other posts, so maybe someone already said this.

Men should not be topless in public either. Sure, equal rights, but if you go out in the street, on a bus, at the office, in a park..... Wear a damn shirt. Both guys and girls.

The only exception is the beach. But women are allowed to be topless on the beach, so again, all is good, everybody is equal.

All humans, male and female should be allowed to go naked in public if that is their choice. There is no real reason to deny people that freedom as it has no negative impact on someone else.