By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One vs PS4: How Microsoft's Console is Getting Better and Better Than Sony's

Vasto said:

However, despite this, Sony's console still has strong sales numbers and is the top choice for most gamers who are looking to buy a next-gen console. But if Microsoft keeps this up, they're going to turn the Xbox One into something far more powerful when compared to the PS4.

Is this a meme, because honestly this is getting old that "XB1 is somehow getting more powerful, etc. thing.

I am not sure if the people writing this are serious anymore

Around the Network

XB1 has definitely been a fun console to own.

It's funny that this is even a debatable point since the X1 launch was reminiscent of opting into a Beta; Broken features, things missing that were available on the previous console and faults in the code (crushed blacks?)

Sure the X1 has had major updates. That's because it's NEEDED them. The PS4 OS did not launch in a Beta stage because they were ready to launch much sooner. It's pretty obvious that Sony caught MS off guard. Sensational article is sensational.

yawn

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Actually, Xbox was launched in beta version. People keep saying how good the Xbox updates are, then when I go to see what's new, there are things like:

- NOW you can see the last time your friends were online
- NOW you can see how much battery is left on Xbox controller
- NOW you can use smartglass!
- NOW you can purchase through mobile devices
- NOW you can see how much GB your HDD have

Then I just stop... Look at screen... All of these things were already on PS4 how long ago? Isn't this supposed to be the standard? Ok, you can use smartglass and we have PlayStation App since launch, and even things that are relevant like 3D Bluray were launched first on PS4. You can't use them on Xbox yet.

Maybe there's some other feature that I don't know that is not available for PS4, but I don't think he's getting better at all. Actually, I think he's late.

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

Around the Network
Phronesis said:
Actually, Xbox was launched in beta version. People keep saying how good the Xbox updates are, then when I go to see what's new, there are things like:

Then I just stop... Look at screen... All of these things were already on PS4 how long ago? Isn't this supposed to be the standard? Ok, you can use smartglass and we have PlayStation App since launch, and even things that are relevant like 3D Bluray were launched first on PS4. You can't use them on Xbox yet.

Maybe there's some other feature that I don't know that is not available for PS4, but I don't think he's getting better at all. Actually, I think he's late.

the only one of those we dont have on the ps4 is last time friends were online, thats on the ps3 but not ps4 

FatedReality said:
Isn't MS pushing out more updates because there playing catch up to the PS4. For example isn't external storage supported on PS4 sense launch and now the One is just getting it on an update. Not seeing the big deal here.

Um, no.

Yeah like others have said...i think Xbox One has needed the frequent updates more so than PS4.

Although i think Sony could be a bit more pro-active with updates.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

I remember a time when people were so critical of the PS3 since Sony seemed to constantly throw out updates. Heck, even sites like Kotaku had an article about how much it was disliked and that was written shortly before the PS4/XBone launches.

I guess since now the shoe is on the other foot...

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

blessedswine said:
Phronesis said:

the only one of those we dont have on the ps4 is last time friends were online, thats on the ps3 but not ps4 

Yes it is. I'm always stalking my coworker to see when the last time he was online and what he did.