By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Destiny USA pre-orders. X1 not as far behind as one would think.

COD:Ghosts has sold more copies on XB1 in NA than PS4. So this doesn't surprise me at all.

Around the Network

Yes its impressive. I still expect the sales on the PS4 to be much much more than the X1 version. Similar to Watchdogs.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Those are the hardcore.

The more core and casuals that will buy due to marketing will buy it on PS4.

Expect near 2-1 for PS4 in sales.

Lakai129 said:
Xbox 360 pre orders numbers are sitting around 200k that to me is pretty crayz. Lots of people still rolling 360, maybe that means people are sticking with 360 longer.

"People have been more satisfed with Xbox 360"

Putting too much faith in vgc preorder numbers is a recipe for disapointment.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

for pre-order numbers there is no possibility to confirm/correct

We've seen time and again that the preorder numbers are even less reliable than the sales numbers on here.

Sounds about right

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Considering how unreliable VGChartz has been since the beginning on this gen, you are asking a lot when you suggest we put faith in their numbers for Destiny. Especially when their numbers have been so skewed in favour of Xbox. Then you have to take into account the white PlayStation 4 Destiny bundle which seems to have stayed within the top 20 on Amazon.com since its reveal (higher than any Xbox SKU), and the fact that it can be presumed a lot of people will be going digital when it comes to Destiny. Neither of which are counted on this site.

I am a HUGE fan of physical media. I have bookshelves (plural) filled to bursting with books that are testament to this. Yet I am going digital with Destiny for multiple reasons. Firstly, it is an online-only game and so I feel it fits well, and secondly and most importantly, it is a game that is never going to be sold. By the time I am done with Destiny it will be worthless and so there is little reason to buy physical in hopes of selling it on later. I am guessing I am not the only person who feels this way.

You also have to consider the fact that mainstream advertising hasn't yet kicked in, although I expect it to do so imminently, and every single one of those adverts will show Destiny alongside PlayStation. The numbers will shift a lot more toward launch, and I expect PlayStation to receive a vast majority of those orders.

Xbox fanbase like shooters but I will not be surprised if it is 60/40 in favor of PS4 if not more