By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Destiny USA pre-orders. X1 not as far behind as one would think.

Xbox 360 pre orders numbers are sitting around 200k that to me is pretty crayz. Lots of people still rolling 360, maybe that means people are sticking with 360 longer.

Around the Network

Pre-Orders I don't expect much variation. However, day one sales will likely tend to be much higher in PS favor due to the exclusive advertising directed at the gamer who doesn't read the forums like we do.

Proportions, do you know them? Pre-orders for both seems ok given their number of consoles. Besides with Bungie and shooters being popular on xbox systems, Destiny was always gonna do big number anyway. Though PS4 bundles and heavy advertising few days before lauch could give the PS4 version a bigger advantage.

Well that could change, Destiny on PS3 looks awful compared to the 360 version. Could push more people betting the ''definitive'' PS4 version.

Yeah I know, it's awful right? I demand a Watch Dogs ratio!
I'm not worried though. A lot of people will pick up their console on release day and for most of them it will be a PS4.

The ratio of X1/PS4 7 weeks before release of Watchdogs was 1:1.38
The ratio of X1/PS4 7 weeks before release of Destiny is 1:1.27

Seeing how preorder numbers are already unreliable as fuck I'm still confident that we will see major disparities.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Destiny in North America will sell fairly close to Playstation 4 number's on Xbox One.

PS4 preorder is kicking ass, considering North 'Murica is Xbox land. At this rate it would take the XB1 a little over a year to break even with PS4 Destiny preorders.
So yeah, it's not far behind, sure.

loy310 said:
PS4 preorder is kicking ass, considering North 'Murica is Xbox land. At this rate it would take the XB1 a little over a year to break even with PS4 Destiny preorders.
So yeah, it's not far behind, sure.

Huh? Actually.. By VGChartz.. X1 Pre-orders outsold PS4 last reporting period.   And again.. combined X1/X360 vs PS3/PS4 they are less then 40k apart..  and after the PS3 Beta looking so horrible..  I don't see that number changing.. 

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

These numbers have been more often wrong in the past than correct. One should not forget that.

BenVTrigger said:
Destiny in North America will sell fairly close to Playstation 4 number's on Xbox One.

Watch Dogs sold about 60% more Units on PS4 than X1 in US.

Define "fairly close". 20%?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.