By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

This could be a question for the Manga thread too, but I'll ask it here instead since it involves an anime update.

Have you ever read a manga or novel and had a certain voice actor in mind for a character? And have you ever seen it happen, when that manga/novel got an anime, and that exact voice actor was selected for that character? It sounds weird...but apparently it just happened to me.

Sho Hayami confirmed to voice Azami Nakiri, an upcoming character in the Shokugeki no Souma anime.

Great voice actor who's been active since the 80's, some of his more recent works include Sosuke Aizen (Bleach), Umibouzo (Gintama), and Gakuho Asano (Assassination Classroom). Honestly can't think of a better choice for the character, and hypes me up more for an anime I'm already hyped about. The voice acting talent for this show is insane.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

Desperately trying to finish Hunter x Hunter for the 3rd time ... but man this show gets too long and boring at times

Will I ever be able to finish this? Does anyone else have similar feelings about other anime?

Super_Boom said:

This could be a question for the Manga thread too, but I'll ask it here instead since it involves an anime update.

Have you ever read a manga or novel and had a certain voice actor in mind for a character? And have you ever seen it happen, when that manga/novel got an anime, and that exact voice actor was selected for that character? It sounds weird...but apparently it just happened to me.

Sho Hayami confirmed to voice Azami Nakiri, an upcoming character in the Shokugeki no Souma anime.

Great voice actor who's been active since the 80's, some of his more recent works include Sosuke Aizen (Bleach), Umibouzo (Gintama), and Gakuho Asano (Assassination Classroom). Honestly can't think of a better choice for the character, and hypes me up more for an anime I'm already hyped about. The voice acting talent for this show is insane.

Happens all the time with me. It really sucks when the opposite happens though, but rare.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Desperately trying to finish Hunter x Hunter for the 3rd time ... but man this show gets too long and boring at times

Will I ever be able to finish this? Does anyone else have similar feelings about other anime?

I think you're alone with Hunter x hunter. That is one show that doesn't get boring.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Hunter x Hunter (2011) is in my top 10, but I can see it not being for everyone. It's very mental, and the fight scenes are rarely explosive events. I found that was part of the appeal to me, since it feels so unique to see something in this genre that isn't trying to be Dragonball.

Anyways a similar example for me would be Durarara. I've had the anime in my backlog for almost two years now. I probably got ten episodes into it, and while I can definitely say the writing was good, I just get a headache whenever I try to psyche myself up to watch more of it.

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:

Hunter x Hunter (2011) is in my top 10, but I can see it not being for everyone. It's very mental, and the fight scenes are rarely explosive events. I found that was part of the appeal to me, since it feels so unique to see something in this genre that isn't trying to be Dragonball.

Anyways a similar example for me would be Durarara. I've had the anime in my backlog for almost two years now. I probably got ten episodes into it, and while I can definitely say the writing was good, I just get a headache whenever I try to psyche myself up to watch more of it.

but but but IZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAA!  Seriously tho, It took a while for me to get into it but once you're in you're in. I've only watched 1 season but the show itself is nice.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

The problem with Durarara is that Baccano is so much better. Whole time I watch DRRR I was waiting for it to get as good as Baccano.

But as a standalone anime I think it is pretty good.

Well finally finished Gate. Premise is interesting, and the violence seemed pretty brutal to me. The people acted like machines, without a care in the world when the killing started. It is actually kind of funny that it is the exact opposite of supposed honorable japan in the past. Also a few flaws in that the ones without technology would seek that tech or completely fear/ worship it, only the last episode gave a little hope. The harem was also interesting but eh, and it is nice that the main character is an older guy for once.

Also watched all of IDO. It seems like an underrated anime especially for a 1 cours anime. The whole scifi stuff and the plot work together well, and the animation is top notch. I would rate this one better then Gate for sure. The antagonist is quite interesting and the final episode was quite satisfying. Only thing that I would kind of criticize is some of the physics, but one can't expect perfect knowledge or even minimal knowledge of space physics.

I will soon start MHA Season 2. Gonna be great :).

First episode of Sangatsu S2 was a delight, had me smiling more than once. Between the cat tutorial, science lesson, and seeing Rei enjoying time with friends, it feels like the charm of S1 is still there.

Little sister anime is weird. Sometimes it touches on real emotions or hints at compelling stories, other times its just awkward ecchi fluff. Curious what the MC did to save silver-hair...his good character taste aside, it's hard to like this guy.

College girl is pretty stacked though. Also I wonder if anyone is actually surprised at trap being a reverse trap.

I started watching Blend-S at a certain rival's recommendation. It's pretty cute, Italian manager boy and tsundere girl are my favorites. The shipping conversation between the two boys reminded me of me and Twi.

Super_Boom said:

I started watching Blend-S at a certain rival's recommendation. It's pretty cute, Italian manager boy and tsundere girl are my favorites. The shipping conversation between the two boys reminded me of me and Twi.

This has hit me on a emotional level harder than any other piece of fictional media, my blonde loving old friend.