By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Versus_Evil said:

Well, worst anime of 2017 easily goes to Black Clover, Studio Cancer Perriot is arguably the worst animation studio in the industry and fucking Christ ... How did they manage to get worse? That MC VA single handily destroys the anime.

I dropped it after the second episode. Was better than the first one, but still felt like the same thing I've seen a thousand times with nothing redeeming about it. I usually love these long-running Jump series; One Piece is my favorite manga, and Fairy Tail...I finished...but literally nothing about this show has me interested in what will happen next. And that voice...uh, I've never had to mute an anime before.

MIght get better later..but eh, I'll wait and see. 

Anyways, my current list is:

Continuations

Shokugeki no Soma - S3 (Likely AOTS if the manga is adapted well)
Sangatsu no Lion - S2 (hasn't aired yet...but I have a tough time seeing this one failing)
Kekkai Sensen & Beyond
Fox Spirit Matchmaker (C-anime but eh, it's dubbed in Japanese)

New

Imouto sae Ireba Ii (probably the anime everyone will love to hate this season, but eh, it looks pretty and I feel like it'll make me laugh)
Net-juu no Susume (potential drop...I'll wait to see if I like the next few episodes. I'm actually more interested in the male MC than the main girl here)
Drunk Blonde Girl anime (I'm as hyped as can be expected for a 3 minute show about a hot girl that drinks)

Might pick up some others as time permits...I'll see what turns heads a few weeks from now. 

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

Bitch-hen animated felt off to me, idk the dirty jokes felt weaker being delivered than in the actual manga but still should be an enjoyable watch.
I love me some shounen so Black clover is fairly enjoyable for me however MCs voice actors screaming...... that can go far far faaaaaaaaaaaar away.
There's another one, I forgot its name but they have powers and live on some creature in a sandy ocean. Its pretty cool so far.
Souma is souma
Still need to watch umaru but I know I'll hate her so yay :)
I probably missed a few other anime I'm watching but this season is just a prelude to the awesomeness that is 2018. Seriously, 2018 is looking amazing!

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Well, I started the fall season with Blend S, the anime about cute girls working in a cafe with assigned roles. I read a bit of the manga before watch it, and so far it does a good job. I dunno if I would say it's great, but it's def cute, and I'll def be watching it. Not sure what other titles from the fall season I'll be adding to my list.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Well, I started the fall season with Blend S, the anime about cute girls working in a cafe with assigned roles. I read a bit of the manga before watch it, and so far it does a good job. I dunno if I would say it's great, but it's def cute, and I'll def be watching it. Not sure what other titles from the fall season I'll be adding to my list.

Sangatsu no Lion this weekend! Watch it!

Super_Boom said:
Cloudman said:

Sangatsu no Lion this weekend! Watch it!

HELL YEAH

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Let's do a roundup of what I'm watching this season. Everything not listed I have watched and instantly dropped.

Himouto Umaru-chan - Still the same, still lovely

Houseki no Kuni - Looks beautiful, great direction, great voice acting, we need more great 3D CGI animes

Konohana Kitan - Chill anime of the season. Competent but doesn't offer anything special so far. Potential drop.

Love Live Sunshine - It's Love Live

Mahoutsukai no Yome - For all the hype this shit got, the first ep was pretty mediocre. If it doesn't pick up in the second ep it's a drop

Netjuu no Susume - Interesting premise but that's it so far. I am already bored by MC girl. If it doesn't get interesting in the next ep it's adrop.

Shokugekji no Souma - It's Shokugeki

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou - Perfect first episode. The director obviously knows what he's doing so it shouldn't get boring

Urahara - The second ep sadly was a complete mess as well. Next ep is the last chance and it would really hurt to drop such a positive and colorful anime.

Wake Up Girls - It's WUG

Yuuki Yuuna Wa Yuusha - It's fucking Yuuki fucking Yuuna wa fucking Yuusha

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Inuyashiki had one of the best 1st episode I HAVE EVER WATCHED!!!!!

From that poor man's life, to the action bit at the end...... Amazing! On top of that! The OP and ED was lit!!!!!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Juni Taisen is the only new thing that seems any good this season, but I have a sinking feeling its going to fall apart...

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

I'm really enjoying Net-juu, especially episode 2. The main character is adorable. It's nice to see a female main character act differently than the normal stereotypes. I'm also interested in seeing how the other characters are going to tie into the main pair.

Versus_Evil said:

Being trying out the new (legal) streaming site HiDive (current in beta) and so far it's been a very pleasant experience, streaming Made In Abyss at 720p (using my laptop so it looks fine) and I haven't had a single hiccup. Unlike Funimation when it came to the UK and was dreadful and still is. It's a great legal site to use if you want to watch Sentai exclusive licenced shows and don't want to deal with Amazon Prime/Anime Strike double pay wall.

I'll have to try this out. Been pretty proud of not breaking my legal streaming trend...and would like to keep it up as long as possible. I'm lucky this season that everything I was interested in show up on Crunchyroll, but Made in Abyss on Amazon's crap last season kinda stung.

I plan to watch some Abyss tomorrow over a group stream...but if the quality sucks I'll check out this place. Thank ya Versy.