By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Best opening :
https://youtu.be/oAXrRWLKzko

Around the Network

Heya !

- I'm looking for an anime name. Relatively recent (I mean, 2010-2015 ish)

It's about a group of student perpetrating terrorist attacks in Tokyo I believe. They taunt the police with videos with hints of their next target. The police force is led by an old policeman who is at the archive.

I've seen some, but not the end. I'm now rewatching animes after years of pause and it' one of those I'd like to rewatch.

- Also, some Evangelion/Code Geass/Hellsing - class animes worth watching since 2013 ? I'm not into waifus or cute anime girl slice of life or harem kind of animes, I want mechas, action and surprises.

- Recently watched Blame! movie, it was sooooo awesome, I'm so happy someone at Netflix decided to make the Tsutomu Nihei's works into animes.

OK, time for some more Bebop!!

Just dropped in to say that the manga for Made in Abyss is absolutely incredible and the anime looks to be in the same league.  I don't know if it will get as dark as the manga (which is bloody pitch black) but I'm sure some segments will be disturbing and emotional.

It might look cute but it can also be absolutely brutal.  The manga has made me fight tears more than once.

There is kind of a background theme that the reality of heros and legends is far more ruthless and deadly than the perception of those who admire them from a distance.  I found that interesting.

I highly recommend giving this a look.

Also, Nanachi is the best.  Really.

Any Gundam fans here?

Around the Network
Killy_Vorkosigan said:
Heya !

- I'm looking for an anime name. Relatively recent (I mean, 2010-2015 ish)

It's about a group of student perpetrating terrorist attacks in Tokyo I believe. They taunt the police with videos with hints of their next target. The police force is led by an old policeman who is at the archive.

I've seen some, but not the end. I'm now rewatching animes after years of pause and it' one of those I'd like to rewatch.

- Also, some Evangelion/Code Geass/Hellsing - class animes worth watching since 2013 ? I'm not into waifus or cute anime girl slice of life or harem kind of animes, I want mechas, action and surprises.

- Recently watched Blame! movie, it was sooooo awesome, I'm so happy someone at Netflix decided to make the Tsutomu Nihei's works into animes.

A bit late but you're looking for Zankyou no Terror(Terror in Resonance).

You might want to have a look at Kill la Kill.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Thanks ! 

Loved Kill la Kill. Reminded me a bit good ol' Gainax like Fuli Culi or Panty & Stockings

MHA still isn't really doing it for me. The Stain arc was a lot better than the Tournament arc (which was just awful), but still not really anything to write home about. The next arc looks okay but I doubt at this point it will really do anything to change my mind. 

Super_Boom said:

I got around to watching Haganai (I Don't Have Friends or something) over the past two weeks. It's been in my pile for a while...and only really knew about if from...doujins...*clears throat and looks to the side*

Most of the anime is fun SoL/harem stuff with some nice ecchi humor. Harem tease was cute, though not particularly deep. The last few episodes of season 2 totally caught me off guard though...and really turned a certain harem cliche completely on its head. Wasn't expecting actual drama in a show like this, but I was actually impressed with how it was executed.

Haganai was a bit frustrating for me. The main two girls were competing to be worst girl and the only good female character was Rika. Like, harems don't work if you hate all of the characters except the one who probably has no chance (though I'd love to be wrong). 

That said, the end of S2 did give me some hope of it actually becoming interesting (but not interesting enough for me to bother with the LNs).

sundin13 said:

Haganai was a bit frustrating for me. The main two girls were competing to be worst girl and the only good female character was Rika. Like, harems don't work if you hate all of the characters except the one who probably has no chance (though I'd love to be wrong). 

That said, the end of S2 did give me some hope of it actually becoming interesting (but not interesting enough for me to bother with the LNs).

I liked most of the cast, and absolutely loved Sena. Rika annoyed me in the first season (never found her pervert humor that funny), but I liked her a lot more in season 2 once she got more serious focus. I would have been fine if Yozora was removed completely though, really dislike that counter-culture type person that complains about popular things just because they're popular. Also the Sena bullying got really old, most of the time she did nothing to deserve it.

Dont touch the light novels. It might not be predictable, but this a prime example of why being different isnt necessarily a good thing. Doujins remain the canon ending for me.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Alright, so I finished Ghost Hound and I loved it. I just wish the ending had been better, it literally did nothing to answer any of the questions that the viewer could have. It also felt so out of place with the rest of the episodes, suddenly this psychological thriller became a "rescue the princess" kind of affair and everything that the plot had been leading to... Just didn't matter anymore. They DID try to give some answers in the last couple of episodes, but they were so poorly explained (such as a character reading a letter with all the answers to his personal dilemma, and we as viewers didn't get to know anything besides a couple of shallow words).

I did enjoy the anime overall and I would probably watch it again until episode 20 or 21, ain't nobody got time for that random finale.

I also watched 4 episodes of Knights of Sidonia and I enjoyed them. The art style is nice, the setting is nice... The characters are NOT. I stopped watching after the main guy suddenly got super powers and decided to risk his life to rescue some whore he met three days before. Seriously, the guy is new and is oblivious to the fact that 4 chicks are already "in love"/"inexplicably interested in him". Come on!! This is some Xenosaga type of setting and storyline, and they decided to ruin it with typical anime cliches. NEXT.