By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

BasilZero said:

Yeah, a cheap way to get Trunks over and a bad way to make Vegito look weak in comparison ~_~

I love future trunks and I knew he was going to deliver the final strike, but that was lame. Vegito should have injured Zamasu more before Trunks finished him buy instead the fusion ends in the same episode and then some random genkidama pops out of nowhere and trunks fuses it with his sword.

Around the Network

I figured I should stop acting biased towards Cloudman's thread, so I'll start doing weekly updates here...again (did I used to do it here? I can't remember). No idea if anyone will read, but eh, there's value in keeping my own thoughts organized. Just gonna give updates on the shows I still care enough to follow and give thoughts on, anything else I still decide to pick up I'll add as shows come out.

March...Lion: This show isn't quite a drama...but it's heavier than slice of life too. It moves a bit slow, but lately I find this to be the anime I'm most looking forward to every week. I genuinely care about the cast in the present, while at the same time, I want to know more about the backstory. Last week's episode in particular was like a punch to the gut. 

Poor Hina gets to spend time with her crush...hehehe... 

HIbike: Animation is nice, probably the best looking show I'm watching. I read a spoiler about the source material that kind of annoys me...but I'll try to ignore that and enjoy the anime for what it is. 

Jojo: This arc has been strong overall. Some parts have annoyed me, and for a while it fell on some of the same issues I had with Stardust Crusaders, but the overall tone and cast of characters are very interesting. I definitely can't write it off yet; SC shot up to my AOTY last year after the last two fights, so I can definitely see the upcoming fight with Kira shooting this anime up my list.

I gotta say...I liked Yuya's character progression a lot. A lot of the villains this arc have felt like they just flipped a switch and became heroes, while with this dude, it felt more natural. The villain's comeuppance was awesome, like usual. BUT WHAT ABOUT ROHAN *paces* 

Bungo Stray Dogs: I don't hear much talk about this anime, but I enjoy this season a lot. Now that we know the core cast of heroes, things are finally moving quickly. I'm constantly at the edge of my seat, and BONES rocks at animating fight scenes, like usual. The decision to focus on the Port Mafia characters for the first five episodes was a great one, as it really reinforces how dangerous they truly are; something season one didn't do a very job with.

I also like the new villains. I didn't realize it until recently; but apparently the entire Agency cast is named after famous Japanese authors. This is more apparent now, as the new villains are all named after Western authors, like John Steinbeck and H.P. Lovecraft, and have powers named after a famous book like "Scarlet Letter" or "Grapes of Wrath". It gives me a Jojo vibe...in this way anyway, and I find it amusing for sure.

Personally, I'm hoping the Agency and Guild team up to beat the Port Mafia, as that group is definitely the most dangerous. Looking forward to tiger boy be saved by his waifu...hehehe... 

Keijo: This is to my weekly anime what Fairy Tail is to my weekly manga. I think the novely is wearing a bit thin for me. I enjoy it enough to keep watching, but not enough to think much about it when it's over.

I could have sworn I was watching something else...but I can't think of it. Nothing else I've tried has really stuck with me, but who knows, maybe something like Yuri on Ice will surprise me.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Best HanaKana role is Sera in Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions.

-deleted-

Super_Boom said:

HIbike: Animation is nice, probably the best looking show I'm watching. I read a spoiler about the source material that kind of annoys me...but I'll try to ignore that and enjoy the anime for what it is. 

Jojo: This arc has been strong overall. Some parts have annoyed me, and for a while it fell on some of the same issues I had with Stardust Crusaders, but the overall tone and cast of characters are very interesting. I definitely can't write it off yet; SC shot up to my AOTY last year after the last two fights, so I can definitely see the upcoming fight with Kira shooting this anime up my list.

I gotta say...I liked Yuya's character progression a lot. A lot of the villains this arc have felt like they just flipped a switch and became heroes, while with this dude, it felt more natural. The villain's comeuppance was awesome, like usual. BUT WHAT ABOUT ROHAN *paces* 

I know you'll survive for me in Hibike.

Yuya's change was really nice, really like how previous stand users are still somewhat relevant even after being defeated. Rohan got himself into that, as usual :P. He has your back tho 

Around the Network
ARamdomGamer said:

I know you'll survive for me in Hibike.

If you call that surviving..*flops around like a fish*

Though who knows...maybe Kyo-Ani will do it differently. Or maybe it won't. RIP my OTP...Shuishi/Trombone.  

It's been a looooong time since I watched/read a good anime/manga. I recently wanted to pick something up but I can't really find anything interesting.

I'm kind of fucked in the head, the mangas and animes I enjoy the most are gore stuff like Berserk and Gantz or more adult psychological stuff like Monster, 20th Century Boys, Elfen Lied and such.

Any recommendations? I tried to read Tokyo Ghoul but for some reason it didn't picked my interest.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
It's been a looooong time since I watched/read a good anime/manga. I recently wanted to pick something up but I can't really find anything interesting.

I'm kind of fucked in the head, the mangas and animes I enjoy the most are gore stuff like Berserk and Gantz or more adult psychological stuff like Monster, 20th Century Boys, Elfen Lied and such.

Any recommendations? I tried to read Tokyo Ghoul but for some reason it didn't picked my interest.

Not sure if this fits the bill, but the ones that came to mind are:

Another

Parasyte

osed125 said:

Parasyte should definitely fit you.

Maybe something else that's not gory is Zankyou no Terror.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

osed125 said:

Like the others, I think that Parasyte is the best fit.

And in the not gory genre, you could maybe try Death Parade.