By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

All right...Nanbaka has my attention. Traps FTW

Around the Network

Hibike off to a good start. The plot with the 2nd years leaving was something I wanted to know more about...and it seems to be getting a bigger focus now.

New season of Bungo is also pretty great. Funny, since last season, the introduction of more Port Mafia members is what kept my interest after a slow start, and this season is starting with a Port Mafia backstory. Looking forward to seeing what happens with this Oda character. Other than writing a fantastic pirate adventure of course.

Have a few shows from last season still to finish up before I try much else...but so far I'm enjoying what I've seen.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

vivster said:
AsGryffynn said:

For me, it's really hard to top the position. I already have a most hated female protagonist and I think she's permanently frozen in the position... 

It's Lelouch isn't it?

Where did you get the idea? 

There aren't many redheads voiced by Chihuahua out there. I am sure you'll guess who... 

Versus_Evil said:
Dont watch alot of shorts, but Kiitarou Shounen no Youkai Enikki episode 1 wasnt bad. Nice art.

You should watch more shorts then.

If you like that one you should probably also watch Nobunaga no Shinobi.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Versus_Evil said:
Todays the day

Also this

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Versus_Evil said:
This season is like a new record in how many shows it has. I cant ever remember a season this full.

The seasons are always that full. It's just that this one has an unnaturally high number of interesting animes.

We even have 2 potential 10s this season with Izetta and Flip Flappers.

Keijo ep 1.  Well, that was a surprise.  They skipped the entire entrance exam arc and jumped right into the school.  That threw me off because Nozumi and Judo girl weren't friends at first.  Well, Nozumi kept trying but Judo-chan was super tsundere and cold.

I can kind of understand it, though.  Several of the characters in the entrance exam arc didn't pass.  I suppose they thought it was a waste to develop characters who wouldn't be there after a few episodes.  Also, this means they got to cut the biggest fan-service moment of the entire manga with the shower room confrontation.

Aoba (scarf girl) is my favorite character, though, so it was nice to see her in the first episode.  Mio (the tall blonde) is a close second.  She's a badass.

BasilZero said:
Voted for NANA - cause its the only I watch/am watching l0l

I like the anime so far but again as I mentioned earlier - really really really dont like the main protagonist - she's rubbing me the wrong way completely lol.

NANA is a really good, really mature anime.  However, part of that maturity is that the main character, and everyone else, actually, are trying so hard to grow up that they make mistake after mistake, some of which are very painful.  Like a lot of people that age, she is in over her head but doesn't know it.

Versus_Evil said:
Flip Flappers will be the underrated anime of the season. Episode 1 was great.

It's not like I hype shit for weeks for no reason.

pokoko said:

Keijo ep 1.  Well, that was a surprise.  They skipped the entire entrance exam arc and jumped right into the school.  That threw me off because Nozumi and Judo girl weren't friends at first.  Well, Nozumi kept trying but Judo-chan was super tsundere and cold.

I can kind of understand it, though.  Several of the characters in the entrance exam arc didn't pass.  I suppose they thought it was a waste to develop characters who wouldn't be there after a few episodes.  Also, this means they got to cut the biggest fan-service moment of the entire manga with the shower room confrontation.

Aoba (scarf girl) is my favorite character, though, so it was nice to see her in the first episode.  Mio (the tall blonde) is a close second.  She's a badass.

I'm pretty disappointed myself since I made this mistake of reading the first few chapters to see what it's like. Especially since those perfectly capture main girl's personality and motivations. Now it seems like a pretty lame and generic beginning when there's actually some substance behind it.

vivster said:
pokoko said:

I'm pretty disappointed myself since I made this mistake of reading the first few chapters to see what it's like. Especially since those perfectly capture main girl's personality and motivations. Now it seems like a pretty lame and generic beginning when there's actually some substance behind it.

Yeah, that really did surprise me.  The strength of Keijo, despite the ridiculous premise, is that it has some really good characters.  Not seeing Nozumi's family and understanding why she went into Keijo undercuts her character a bit.  Kind of the same with Judo-girl having an enormous chip on her shoulder to begin with and how Nozumi had to keep pestering her to open up.  It makes her seem like a different character without that context.

Besides that, the entrance exam arc was pretty fun.

Maybe some of it will come via flashback.