By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Shadow8 said:

Topic!

What anime this season so far has had the strongest episode(just one) for you and why?

I think you already know my answer but oh well :P

Episode 22 from Jojo Diamond is Unbreakable.

After all the build up for the main villian to appear, the execution was excellent, Kira was menacing and imposing the entire time, followed by one of the most powerful scenes in Jojo as a whole,  thanks to the amazing VA work and the excellent soundtrack. The whole episode felt really tense too, since this was one of the few times where Jojo had a serious tone the whole episode, making it even better.

Around the Network
ARamdomGamer said:
Shadow8 said:

Topic!

What anime this season so far has had the strongest episode(just one) for you and why?

After all the build up for the main villian to appear, the execution was excellent, Kira was menacing and imposing the entire time, followed by one of the most powerful scenes in Jojo as a whole,  thanks to the amazing VA work and the excellent soundtrack. The whole episode felt really tense too, since this was one of the few times where Jojo had a serious tone the whole episode, making it even better.

Technically that was from last season, but since you went there.

The single most powerful ep this season was Re:zero episode 18. Seeing subaru admit his faults and Rem's encouragement was crazy. The emotional turmoil felt throughout this 1 conversation was crazy. Throw your shipping out the door during this ep and watch it for what it is. It was the single most powerful Re:zero ep yet.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
ARamdomGamer said:

Technically that was from last season, but since you went there.

The single most powerful ep this season was Re:zero episode 18. Seeing subaru admit his faults and Rem's encouragement was crazy. The emotional turmoil felt throughout this 1 conversation was crazy. Throw your shipping out the door during this ep and watch it for what it is. It was the single most powerful Re:zero ep yet.

I agree with this, really strong episode. I would add the latest episode of Danganronpa Despair Arc (episode 7). When an episode succeeds in making Danganronpa fans really uncomfortable to the point of not watching the screen for some of them, you know that it's strong too (but a totally different kind of strength ^^). 

It would be Re:Zero ep15 for me. Coming off from the novel, I expected the typical Re:Zero quality with Subaru suffering while hyping myself for the episode where Subaru actually transforms (sort of) as a character. Couldn't be more wrong. Excellent performance from the VAs (Who would have thought that they got Matsuoka on board for Petelgeuse?!) + That credit sequence = strongest episode for me this season.

======
Also because I hyped myself a little bit too much, ep 18 fell a bit short for me.

But that 1:1 adaptation of the novel is simply fabulous (while watching the ep18 raw stream, I picked up some words, realized that it's 1:1 and just started using the novel translation as subtitles) XD

This week of Danganronpa episodes were too good.

Future Arc: Good pull of heartstrings, RIP hat dood, he was a cool char. Also finally some detective work from Kirigiri, interesting episode as a whole. Also Byakuya cliffhanger D:

Despair Arc: This arc makes me so tense all the time. I really want to know how it will all end for Chiaki. Junko filling us with despair.

Around the Network

I'm bored... so how about a question. If you could visit any anime world which one would you guys visit?

I personally would stay right here in terrible old reality. Most anime worlds have the world getting blown up or other crazy things going down. None of those battle shounen for sure.... Maybe the world of clannad. if i get can that "power" at the end ;)

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
I'm bored... so how about a question. If you could visit any anime world which one would you guys visit?

I personally would stay right here in terrible old reality. Most anime worlds have the world getting blown up or other crazy things going down. None of those battle shounen for sure.... Maybe the world of clannad. if i get can that "power" at the end ;)

Hmmm...I dont know, most anime worlds have some sort of conflict that makes it a pain to live in. I guess an SoL anime would be ideal, since their lives are usually super exciting without going over the top :P

uran10 said:

If I was able to chose a world, I'd only accept if I was able to choose a cosmetic makeover, wardrobe, occupation and powerset. Given all these within reason, I'd say Nanoha Force or Strikers... Or, if the academy is coed and the same goes for good ole Inter Mid... Vivid... Cranagan reminds me of Washington DC with high rises. Perfect for me. Plus, I sort of have a score to settle with the devil, so becoming a viable alternative for her detractors would be a priority if I was able to. 

In the absence of powers... Sekirei... Or Dragons Rioting, since in those you don't need them and in the later you can literally obtain them overnight, and I don't need radical appearance changes (though even for Mid Childa I'd only request a longer mane and a bronze streak and perhaps frozen eyes). 

The wardrobe would be necessary for my snazy barrier jacket design though... 

I'd literally be the Elder Maxson of Lyrical Nanoha... 

And I do fancy the conflict. Reality is so boring as to be nearly torture. Heck, I'd take Fallout or Halo during the worse games over this! 

There's also Queen's Blade, but I'd need the weapon, the makeover (I really hate my hair not being longer) and a very provocative outfit... 

ARamdomGamer said:

This week of Danganronpa episodes were too good.

Future Arc: Good pull of heartstrings, RIP hat dood, he was a cool char. Also finally some detective work from Kirigiri, interesting episode as a whole. Also Byakuya cliffhanger D:

Despair Arc: This arc makes me so tense all the time. I really want to know how it will all end for Chiaki. Junko filling us with despair.

Yep, great episodes! The ultimate luck is still amazing to see in action. The double cliffhanger is painful though :(

Still hopeful that Chiaki won't die, I don't know... There is something fishy about what happens to her and the teacher. 

All right the winner of worst girl was...Other!

Time to move on with this week's poll.

Who is the best Vampire in anime?

Edit: Made a slight error in Shinobu's name, but I doubt many will care :P Its Oshino, not Meme. Meme is the name of the guy that named her.