Record of Lodoss Wars

Also
Initial D
Yu Gi Oh
Cardcaptor Sakura

And don't go on tell me 1998 is not recent years !!! :cranky kong:

- Recent one should be 2011

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:2011_anime_television_series

Blue Exorcist, Deadman Wonderland, Fate/Zero, Hunter x Hunter (2011), Infinite Stratos, Steins:Gate, Last Exile.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Best recent anime year?

I'll go for 2011.
Index (End of)
Infinite Stratos
Steins Gate
Hunter X Hunter (Start of)
Mirai Nikki (Start of)

Never skip taste day.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I seem to recall watching a few episodes of Rolling Girls. It was okay, I guess. The first episode feels really misleading as not a lot of interest happens in the following episodes. It wasn't really bad, but it completely lost me as it basically shifted into a kind of blah almost slice of life affair.

I started Tokyo Ghoul on Netflix this week and finished the first season, it's pretty enjoyable. But the hero's change in the beginning of the second season is so damn bad, that's impressive!

From the nice and weak guy who tries to help people, to talk and understand everyone, who hates violence and murders, to the emo "I'm even too dark to talk" invincible kid joining the genocidal bad guys with a big "F*ck you, I'm out" to his new family, and all of this in 5 minutes. Did the author skip the "character development" classes? And yeah, I'm sure there is a reason behind this, but still, it's so badly done...

For the poll, I have to admit that I have no idea, 2016 is the first year I watch current animes, I always watched "old ones" from lots of different years before without knowing the airing dates ^^.

New poll... I am pretty sure it was either 2008 or 2010 for me... It was my most anime active year. If anything, 2013-2014 marked the anime collapse crackdown. It started with the release of AnY/YotD and AnS and is currently ongoing.

I blame Idea Factory and Pierrot for failing to satisfy their standard audience before exploring uncharted waters, though a great deal of the collapse has to deal with the amount of bad karma some seiyuu wracked up earlier before and I only found out recently (and it keeps happening)...

Takahiro Sakurai lost all of my respect recently and Ami Koshimizu most of it as well. Chiwa Saito lost all of it two years ago (and perhaps earlier if we count Infinite Stratos)...

Around the Network
Shadow8 said:
Aeolus451 said:
I'm still around. Just been busy with a game and life. I've been watching most of the current anime but not all. I'll try to come visit more often.

It's cool man, hope to see you back here when you can :)

Do I spy with my little eyes a Best Girl?

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

AsGryffynn said:
New poll... I am pretty sure it was either 2008 or 2010 for me... It was my most anime active year. If anything, 2013-2014 marked the anime collapse crackdown. It started with the release of AnY/YotD and AnS and is currently ongoing.

I blame Idea Factory and Pierrot for failing to satisfy their standard audience before exploring uncharted waters, though a great deal of the collapse has to deal with the amount of bad karma some seiyuu wracked up earlier before and I only found out recently (and it keeps happening)...

Takahiro Sakurai lost all of my respect recently and Ami Koshimizu most of it as well. Chiwa Saito lost all of it two years ago (and perhaps earlier if we count Infinite Stratos)...

"Never skip taste day" - Vivster

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
AsGryffynn said:

"Never skip taste day" - Vivster

There is such a thing as a "being chased by a scary ginger" day, if Hisui from Tales of Hearts R is to be believed... 

Also, I am happy for the new murderous anime! 

uran10 said:
Shadow8 said:

It's cool man, hope to see you back here when you can :)

Do I spy with my little eyes a Best Girl?

You know it ;)

Took a while, but finally caught on everything I was watching before going on vacation.

Not sure if it's the best thing I'm watching yet, but 91 Days is probably my biggest surprise this season. I watched the first episode, put it on my Crunchyroll queue, but then just kind of...forgot about it. I'm glad I jumped back in, as it's been getting consistently better with every episode. I honestly can't predict what's going to happen next. Biggest shock so far was when Fango had all the Orcos heads eat lasagna made out of the previous Don's body. Geebus.

It's taken me a while to keep track of all these Italian names, and I have to force myself to ignore how all these Italian-American mobsters seem to speak perfect Japanese, but I suppose that's a problem you'll find with any anime that features non-Japanese characters. I've definitely seen worse examples in other mediums...like any Holocaust movie with British "Germans." *twitches*

On the flip side...haven't been too excited about Jojo lately. I like the underlying mystery behind this arc, but the recent villains have been pretty underwhelming so far. Not a big fan of how everyone reforms after losing once, no matter how evil they were written. Had to drink bleach after that horrible CInderella episode....and then read Bleach. I hope Yukako is the Kakyoin or Caesar of this arc. Better not be Okuyasu dammit.   

Not sure what to think of Kira yet. On one hand, I like how unique he is. He's a serial killer, but his goal is to stay under the radar as much as possible. He's a lot different than the Vampire King of Swag for sure. On the other hand...his introductory episode didn't exactly scream final villain material. The whole sequence with him trying to get the hand back seemed like something I'd expect from the Oingo Boingo Brothers...not the main antagonist.

Definitely excited to see his Stand though...so the negativity ends there. 

Shokugeki surprised me last week, which obviously I wasn't expecting to happen given my last few rants. I like it this way, as Soma vs. Akira seemed way too predictable, and this way Ryo gets more focus before he's tossed to the sidelines. It's still dumb how they're making Soma out to be the underdog. After his last 20 wins, you'd think people would start noticing him. Oh well, I suppose this is his first fight on a grand stage...sorta.

I'm in love with Alice's mom. I want to see more of the Nakiri family, though based on some manga spoilers I've read, I'm really going to hate Erina's dad.  

Overall, I'm enjoying this season quite a bit. Nothing that's stood out to me as much as last season, but I'm also watching more, which is definitely a positive.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334