By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Re Zero pretty much cemented its 9 with episode 3. It has now a serious chance to get one of my rare 10s. If they continue this insane quality it shouldn't be too hard to get my AOTY 2016.

Seriously, that thing came out of nowhere and is currently steamrolling every anime this year. Every time I try to find a fault they are able to offset it later. It's not perfect but it's striving really hard to be and that earns my admiration. I couldn't be happier that this thing has 25 episodes.

Looked up the director. This is basically his debut as a full series director. The only one before this gig was Wakaba Girl, incidentally an anime that I love and one of the best comedies I have ever watched. Looks like we found a new star on the horizon.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I can't be the only one seeing Re Zero turn into a generic harem fantasy anime by the end right?

I Love Playstation, but my uncle works at Nintendo.

Re Zero is currently my favourite one this season... I'm still in a wait and see mood with some others tho.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Re Zero sort of reminds me of Higurashi with all the mystery, thrill, psychological and horror elements sucked out and replaced with some fantasy adventure ...

It has a great concept but it needs to develop the plot before it can wow me just yet ...

iamRockman said:
I can't be the only one seeing Re Zero turn into a generic harem fantasy anime by the end right?

One could think that from the OP and poster but I have high hopes. So far they subverted all the female tropes. The sexy vamp is not about sex, the always nice female MC is not helpless and the loli tsundere is not too stupid. 

So far it's done everything right. They're striving for something great here so I doubt they will let their work devolve into generic territory.

I mean just look at the typical signs that are missing. No one ogling the vamp, no panty shots of Emilia, no flat chest jokes for loli. If this was a generic harem they sure take their time to make it that. That said, I still wouldn't mind an onsen episode later on :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
huh, saw there was an anime with a bear and was kinda interested (even if it is the wrong kind of bear) but now Vs is putting me off it anyway

Really? He's making me interested to watch it honestly :P Sounds different...not in a good way, but sounds entertaining at the very least xD

All right Versus, I'll give it a shot.

BTW almost done with Love Live S1 and I'm loving it.

Rin is still my fav with Nico being a close second, but they all have their positive attributes though.

Versus_Evil said:

Currently watching Shomin Sample, I mostly stay away from these genres but its hilarious!

@Shadow8 good to hear :D I think S2 is just as good!

I remember watching this, i just don't remember what it was about...

iamRockman said:
Versus_Evil said:

Currently watching Shomin Sample, I mostly stay away from these genres but its hilarious!

@Shadow8 good to hear :D I think S2 is just as good!

Basically some guy gets kidnapped and is sent to a school of very rich girls and works as a "commoner sample" for the girls to get accustomed of the outside world. I find it extremely hilarious xD He has to pretend to have a muscle fetish or they'll castrate him.

I read the manga, but I did give the show a look and it's very faithful to the source thankfully.

Shadow8 said:
iamRockman said:

Basically some guy gets kidnapped and is sent to a school of very rich girls and works as a "commoner sample" for the girls to get accustomed of the outside world. I find it extremely hilarious xD He has to pretend to have a muscle fetish or they'll castrate him.

I read the manga, but I did give the show a look and it's very faithful to the source thankfully.

Oh right, it aired a season ago or so i think? It was pretty forgetable imo, but it seems i can't watch a Harem anymore without getting annoyed by the ending and the stupid scared protags that seem to be way more common as of late.