By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

iamRockman said:
Shadow8 said:

Basically some guy gets kidnapped and is sent to a school of very rich girls and works as a "commoner sample" for the girls to get accustomed of the outside world. I find it extremely hilarious xD He has to pretend to have a muscle fetish or they'll castrate him.

I read the manga, but I did give the show a look and it's very faithful to the source thankfully.

Oh right, it aired a season ago or so i think? It was pretty forgetable imo, but it seems i can't watch a Harem anymore without getting annoyed by the ending and the stupid scared protags that seem to be way more common as of late.

2 seasons ago actually. I didn't see the last episode for the anime (just saw some random ones to see how it fared compared to the manga) . Yea it doesn't seem like you're the harem type xD Although he is being forced to choose one now in the manga so he'll have to choose one eventually.

Around the Network
Versus_Evil said:

Kumamiko epiosde 3..... DO NOT go down this root with this anime please for the love of god, dont ruin something good. This episode made me legitimately angry, i knew there was somthing off with Yoshios character and this episode it clicked what it is.... hes basically a pedophile.

He actually seems to be the opposite of a pedophile, in that he had so little interest in Machi sexually that he was unaware of how that scene looked.  That was the joke, that it wasn't what it appeared.  He was pinning her down because ... well, because she's an extremely violent person.  I've actually started to become annoyed with how physically abusive she is.  I know physically abusive characters in anime get a pass with a lot of people but I don't like it most of the time.

But, yeah, the whole thing was in poor taste and I wonder how it went over in Japan.  I would have cut the entire scene.

Shadow8 said:
iamRockman said:

Oh right, it aired a season ago or so i think? It was pretty forgetable imo, but it seems i can't watch a Harem anymore without getting annoyed by the ending and the stupid scared protags that seem to be way more common as of late.

2 seasons ago actually. I didn't see the last episode for the anime (just saw some random ones to see how it fared compared to the manga) . Yea it doesn't seem like you're the harem type xD Although he is being forced to choose one now in the manga so he'll have to choose one eventually.

Funny enough i actually use to be when i first started watching Anime. Think i just got tired of seeing the same "Harem" endings, i want to see someone happy dammit. Haganai really made me upset with it's BS "Harem" unsolved ending.

I Love Playstation, but my uncle works at Nintendo.

iamRockman said:
Shadow8 said:

Funny enough i actually use to be when i first started watching Anime. Think i just got tired of seeing the same "Harem" endings, i want to see someone happy dammit. Haganai really made me upset with it's BS "Harem" unsolved ending.

Oh yea haganai...I'm kinda glad they didn't finish it considering what happens afterwards. He did choose a girl, but it wasn't done in the best way and it's the girl he shouldn't have chosen as well imo. But there are plenty of harem anime out there where he chooses a girl in the end like Clannad, Toradora, Golden Time, Kanon,Zero no Tsukaima,Shuffle,  The World God only Knows, etc. There are a lot more, but those are the ones on the top of my head.

Although, even the ones where the MC doesn't choose anyone I enjoy. To love ru is a great example of a harem anime that'll probably lead to a harem ending, but everything about it is great so I don't mind.

Versus_Evil said:
pokoko said:

He actually seems to be the opposite of a pedophile, in that he had so little interest in Machi sexually that he was unaware of how that scene looked.  That was the joke, that it wasn't what it appeared.  He was pinning her down because ... well, because she's an extremely violent person.  I've actually started to become annoyed with how physically abusive she is.  I know physically abusive characters in anime get a pass with a lot of people but I don't like it most of the time.

But, yeah, the whole thing was in poor taste and I wonder how it went over in Japan.  I would have cut the entire scene.

Now that you mention it, she really is. Also Is it just me or does something seem really off about this anime, i cant discribe it. Likes its "cuteness" is a facade for a really.... messed up show. Maybe its just me tho.

Also i agree with the last bolded.

It's definitely an adult series.  The premise might seem cute and fluffy but the themes are darker.  I suppose Japanese anime fans know this from the start, given that the manga is published in the seinen magazine that also featured titles like Dance in the Vampire Bund, Denkigai no Honya-san (The Electric Town's Bookstore), and Candy Boy.

Machi might be cute, funny, and the town's Miko, but I think the contrast is supposed to be that she's actually kind of a selfish person who acts like an old man half the time.

Around the Network

Flying Witch started out OK. First half of episode 2 was also OK, but the second half was just plain boring. Nothing interesting or funny happened. They were just cooking. And that was it. I hope it gets better or I will drop due to boredom.

The part with the mandrake made me smile. Please, don't get boring.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Versus_Evil said:
100(99 after this) comments off 6000, the continued growth of this thread is great too see.

Now you got me curious :P ...how was the anime thread B.S.(Before Shadow)

Was it the same? Was it bigger or smaller? Did kapi not have a bear avy? Did versus have just one avy at all times? So many questions! xD

Ka-pi96 said:
Well Vs requested this so...

Just finished Kono Suba. I like the dragged in to another world concept and MC seemed alright. Aqua however... ugh, I hate girls that are always shouting and screaming like that, she was just annoying. Kinda reminded me of that goddess girl from Danmachi, except at least that one improved and got less annoying as the show went on. Aqua didn't, she continued to be annoying throughout the whole thing. Megumin was awesome though. Loved some of her lines, how she was incredibly OP yet at the same time nearly useless and she was seriously cute too! Then there was the masochistic pervert.... yeah, liked her as well. She was always pretty funny. Seemed like she was pretty useful too despite her inability to actually hit anything.

Kinda short though. How many anime are only 10 eps? Usually you get at least 13. Oh well, there's a 2nd season coming so hopefully that's good. As for the OP/ED... they weren't good enough to get me to watch the whole thing even once. So... equal to about 99% of anime

So I gave it a 7/10. Some good stuff, some bad stuff. But worth a watch

I also gave it a 7/10, thought it was alright.

I Love Playstation, but my uncle works at Nintendo.

Ka-pi96 said:
Well Vs requested this so...

Just finished Kono Suba. I like the dragged in to another world concept and MC seemed alright. Aqua however... ugh, I hate girls that are always shouting and screaming like that, she was just annoying. Kinda reminded me of that goddess girl from Danmachi, except at least that one improved and got less annoying as the show went on. Aqua didn't, she continued to be annoying throughout the whole thing. Megumin was awesome though. Loved some of her lines, how she was incredibly OP yet at the same time nearly useless and she was seriously cute too! Then there was the masochistic pervert.... yeah, liked her as well. She was always pretty funny. Seemed like she was pretty useful too despite her inability to actually hit anything.

Kinda short though. How many anime are only 10 eps? Usually you get at least 13. Oh well, there's a 2nd season coming so hopefully that's good. As for the OP/ED... they weren't good enough to get me to watch the whole thing even once. So... equal to about 99% of anime

So I gave it a 7/10. Some good stuff, some bad stuff. But worth a watch

+1 for Ka-pi!

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Megumin was awesome though.

+1 for Ka-pi!

Like there's any doubt that she's the best :P