By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

All I could think of while watching Overlord episode 12 was that Ains kind of sucks at PVP. Root spells OWN melee. Maybe he's raid spec'd? Hm.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
All I could think of while watching Overlord episode 12 was that Ains kind of sucks at PVP. Root spells OWN melee. Maybe he's raid spec'd? Hm.

I believe he mentions in the episode how ill prepared he is to be in a one on one fight against a physically aggressive monster. Seeing as his magic largely deals in summoning undead, which he couldn't use for the fight, he ended up at a huge disadvantage since he basically had no offensive line to take a beating while he dealt in magic. Not to mention that, with his magic skills, he definitely seems more like a back row raid group member than a front row fighter. Shalltear is basically raid boss status, so the fact that Ains can handle her on his own as a mage that can't use half the skills that would be useful is pretty impressive.

LuckyTrouble said:
pokoko said:

I believe he mentions in the episode how ill prepared he is to be in a one on one fight against a physically aggressive monster. Seeing as his magic largely deals in summoning undead, which he couldn't use for the fight, he ended up at a huge disadvantage since he basically had no offensive line to take a beating while he dealt in magic. Not to mention that, with his magic skills, he definitely seems more like a back row raid group member than a front row fighter. Shalltear is basically raid boss status, so the fact that Ains can handle her on his own as a mage that can't use half the skills that would be useful is pretty impressive.

Sorry, that was basically a WoW joke, where melee have traditionally hated Ice Mages more than life itself.  But, yes, they did a good job of setting up why he would struggle against that particular opponent.

I wish we could see his buff bar.

pokoko said:
LuckyTrouble said:
pokoko said:

Sorry, that was basically a WoW joke, where melee have traditionally hated Ice Mages more than life itself.  But, yes, they did a good job of setting up why he would struggle against that particular opponent.

I wish we could see his buff bar.

I never played enough WoW to get that. :'(

Seriously though. Before that fight, he applied what felt like two dozen buffs. He was not messing around.

An important step in any relationship

Around the Network

Saw this on Reddit "The ultimate Anime recommendation flow chart" http://imgur.com/q9Xjv4p

Chevinator123 said:
Saw this on Reddit "The ultimate Anime recommendation flow chart" http://imgur.com/q9Xjv4p

Actually a pretty great list. 
It's vomit inducing at first with all the mainstream stuff but the extended version has most of the great stuff. Even D-Frag and Yuuki Yuuna is on there :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Since there was Gatchaman in this season it was pretty much a no contest. There are only a select few who can beat waifu Hajime.

Of course honorable mentions go to Yamada, Suu, Tomori and the entire cast of Wakaba Girl.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Lazy waifu choices are lazy but I the girls from Monster Musume for me.  Had a few qualms with some of them at times but I found they were all enjoyable to watch for the most part. Plus, I'm bad at deciding on only a few  But Papi is still best girl

Ka-pi96 said:
Papi and Suu?

At least my lolis have an advanced mental age even if their body isn't quite there. Papi and Suu... could they even be considered to be double digits in age?

Moe + oppai trumps everything.