By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Super_Boom said:
Mordred11 said:
I just finished Jojo's Bizzare Adventure S1. Holy crap, was it good.
About to watch Stardust Crusaders. Thoughts on it ?

Pros

-Great core team

-Best Jojo returns

-First opening for SC is one of my favorite anime openings

-Joseph cursing in English

-Tarot theme was cool

-Great humor

Cons

-New Jojo is overpowered and wins every fight in almost the same way

-Hamon is pretty much thrown away for essentially no reason (for the most part)

-Author still hates dogs for some reason

-Lots of plot-induced stupidity (honestly, I thought this was part of the charm...but I watched the show with a friend who almost dropped the anime for this reason...so I thought I'd list it)

-Lots of suspension of disbelief (same as above for me...but it did get to be a little much at times)

All my opinion of course...and I might be blowing some of the cons out of proportion. If you liked the first two arcs, you'll probably like Stardust Crusaders overall. The format feels a little different than the first two arcs though, in that it's more episodic this time around. There still is an underlying goal, but instead of constantly fighting a small group of villains, the heroes have a new villain to fight every episode or two episodes. I didn't really mind it...but I'd say the 2nd arc (Battle Tendency) is still my favorite part of the anime so far.

Thank you. This was accurate and the show didn't disappoint at all, I'm completely enchanted by it. I couldn't help but buy the PS3 game. Can't wait to open it up and play some Jojo goodness.

Around the Network

08/25/2015: Hey guys! So As some of you know, I am moving to Alberta soon for a new job that I got so since I am moving there, I won't be able to update for about 2 or so weeks but I will still be around vgc though!

Random Pic of the day: Yep, that should do it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Bye Jizz! Hope you can post again when you get settled in.

Mordred11 said:

Thank you. This was accurate and the show didn't disappoint at all, I'm completely enchanted by it. I couldn't help but buy the PS3 game. Can't wait to open it up and play some Jojo goodness.

I'm glad you liked it. I was a bit annoyed by some parts of  it (I still get mad when I think about Polnareff getting attacked by Devil, telling everyone, and then getting attacked again while everyone wonders where he is), but overall I really enjoyed it. It definitely had a charm to it that I really liked. The bro-hug at the end left a smile on my face...you can tell how close they grew over the adventure. Those dumb muscle-heads really did it!

I'll probably pick up the game eventually. I'm curious if it has the voice actors from the anime, since the game features all the Jojos from the manga as I recall.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:

Thanks dude!

Here is my last Picture before I stop posting until I get my internet working in Alberta which should be around 2 weeks!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Super_Boom said:

Thanks dude!

Here is my last Picture before I stop posting until I get my internet working in Alberta which should be around 2 weeks!

Ah Baka & Test. It gave me a lot of unexpected laughs when I randomly clicked on it awhile back.

Around the Network

GATE. So, Japan has the best operatives in the world. I guess it's all that combat experience they have.

I really hope that Rokka no Yuusha will get a second season otherwise I'll just end up been disappointed by the pacing and plot progression ...

I love it so far but it'll probably be a 6/10 for me if it doesn't go any further ...

fatslob-:O said:
I really hope that Rokka no Yuusha will get a second season otherwise I'll just end up been disappointed by the pacing and plot progression ...

I love it so far but it'll probably be a 6/10 for me if it doesn't go any further ...

If it doesn't get a second season, it will still be a solid 7.8/10 for me. Maybe it's because I'm used to not seeing a second season to anime I like. It has lowered my expectations. I think the pacing and plot progression are great though. This could have ended up just a generic, rushed, fight the monsters with this ragtag group type of affairs, with an "OMG PLOT TWIST" moment or two sporadically tossed in to give the fighting more meaning. Instead, it is more psychological, trying to figure out who the Seventh Brave is, and why exactly they did what they did with fighting tossed in between.

A lot of the time studios try to rush through light novels to jam about one in every four to six episodes if they can pull it off. I like that we are stll in the midst of volume 1 here. It gives the anime more substance than I initially expected.

I love Prison School.

LuckyTrouble said:

If it doesn't get a second season, it will still be a solid 7.8/10 for me. Maybe it's because I'm used to not seeing a second season to anime I like. It has lowered my expectations. I think the pacing and plot progression are great though. This could have ended up just a generic, rushed, fight the monsters with this ragtag group type of affairs, with an "OMG PLOT TWIST" moment or two sporadically tossed in to give the fighting more meaning. Instead, it is more psychological, trying to figure out who the Seventh Brave is, and why exactly they did what they did with fighting tossed in between.

A lot of the time studios try to rush through light novels to jam about one in every four to six episodes if they can pull it off. I like that we are stll in the midst of volume 1 here. It gives the anime more substance than I initially expected.

I'm used to not seeing a second season too but I don't think this adaption will have reached a milestone that I would've been satisfied with ... 

Light novel's are often fairly short (no more than 50 000 words per volume) so this adaption could've easily covered 2 volumes instead of 1 volume ...

Almost everything I see in anime is hardly original anymore so pretty much everything is generic to an extent and I highly doubt that the studio could turn it into your usual action/harem story when the initial idea pretty much restricts that ... 

It's not unreasonable to for studio's to "rush" through light novels when your going through a lot of the fluff like animating the scenes instead of them been described by words or only bring up each of the character's thoughts that are relevant to the story or their development so 4-6 episodes per volume is definitely doable ...

People keep complaining about how adaptions keep getting ruined because of how their rushed yet more often than not they remain fairly loyal to the source material ...