By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

VanceIX said:
AZWification said:

I agree! I've enjoyed all 4 episodes and I look foward to watching all the future ones as well!

You better be looking forward to them...

I will, I will look foward to them! She's so damn scary when she pulls out her huge knife! >_>

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Squeezol said:
vivster said:
So any other shaftfags in here?

Hello! :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

So this thread is more popular than I imagined. Nice to see lots of fellow anime fans

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

vivster said:
outlawauron said:

Bolded are not true at all. You can add favorites to your profile. You can also tag/add comments to your list along with it's forum function for every show.

It also has numerous 3rd party applications that regularly update your list for you without having to do anything but watch the show. For stats, it has plenty to compare with others (compatiblity, other scores, and more add-ins like MALgraph that do breakdowns by genre)

It didn't have those when I started my list.

Again, are you willing to enter more than 400 animes to this list right now?

I don't want to, but I had to do the same when I started. At least we're down to laziness to being the reason.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
vivster said:
outlawauron said:

Bolded are not true at all. You can add favorites to your profile. You can also tag/add comments to your list along with it's forum function for every show.

It also has numerous 3rd party applications that regularly update your list for you without having to do anything but watch the show. For stats, it has plenty to compare with others (compatiblity, other scores, and more add-ins like MALgraph that do breakdowns by genre)

I don't want to, but I had to do the same when I started. At least we're down to laziness to being the reason.

Nah, it's still the missing flexibility in what data I want to represent and how. The fact alone that MAL distinguishes between OVAs and series pisses me off. It would absolutely screw with all my statistics if I had to use single OVA episodes which are just an extension of a series as a single data point. I converged those with the series to  represent the actual length of a series.

One of the many annoyances if you don't have full control over your database.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
outlawauron said:
vivster said:
outlawauron said:

Nah, it's still the missing flexibility in what data I want to represent and how. The fact alone that MAL distinguishes between OVAs and series pisses me off. It would absolutely screw with all my statistics if I had to use single OVA episodes which are just an extension of a series as a single data point. I converged those with the series to  represent the actual length of a series.

One of the many annoyances if you don't have full control over your database.

I would be pissed if they didn't separate. OVAs are not apart of the full show for a reason. They vary in content, quality, and relevance wildly from show and definitely deserve their own category. They're not just an extension of the series, and most often a side show or something completely standalone.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Anyone else watching The Irregular At Magic High School right now? Been seriously enjoying this show !_!

Necromunda said:
Anyone else watching The Irregular At Magic High School right now? Been seriously enjoying this show !_!

It's a decent show, but the light novels are MUCH better. They took out the internal monologue and a lot of the detail the the light novels had, so you don't get the same experience.

It could have been adapted better, but it's still an enjoyable show. 

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

outlawauron said:

I would be pissed if they didn't separate. OVAs are not apart of the full show for a reason. They vary in content, quality, and relevance wildly from show and definitely deserve their own category. They're not just an extension of the series, and most often a side show or something completely standalone.

Look at all the single episode OVAs every season that are just extensions of the series by being either a direct sequel or a side story that didn't fit within the original time frame. Yet they're saved as a complete different entity which drives up the number of single entities needlessly and destroys any meaningful statistic that is based on the quantity on entities. I'd miss the flexibility of that very much.

In the end there is only a single downside to having a private custom database. It's not as easy to share. Then again, its main purpose is cataloguing and not sharing, so I'm fine with that and that I have to jump the extra hoop to share it with people.

Dunno if anyone else has been watching Free! Eternal Summer, but if anyone has, how are you finding it compared to the first season? Personally I feel its slightly weaker but a lot of people I talk to seem to be preferring it.