By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

fatslob-:O said:

-snip-

Thanks :D Does SAO II improve from series 1's 2nd arc? I really enjoyed the first, but the second arc felt a bit forced. Asuna's demotion from badass to damsel in distress was particularly annoying (though in fairness she did play a key part in her own rescue, so i can't fault them too much).

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:

Thanks :D Does SAO II improve from series 1's 2nd arc? I really enjoyed the first, but the second arc felt a bit forced. Asuna's demotion from badass to damsel in distress was particularly annoying (though in fairness she did play a key part in her own rescue, so i can't fault them too much).

I believe the Mother Rosario Arc will show you why Asuna was far from a "badass" but was always the "damsel in distress". She was certainly diligent in Aincrad however she was not without her own issues in the real world and is a lot like Sinon from GGO in many ways. I don't think the  Fairy Dance Arc was bad in any way as it exposed some of Kirito's weaknesses so there was a lot of character development to be had ...

The 2nd cour of SAO II was a MASSIVE improvement over the 2nd cour of the first season. In fact it focuses ENTIRELY on the heroine of the series, Asuna where Kirito takes a back seat in the Mother Rosario Arc. 

Here's how I would rank it ...

Mother Rosario Arc > Aincrad Arc > Phantom Bullet Arc > Fairy Dance Arc

fatslob-:O said:

I believe the Mother Rosario Arc will show you why Asuna was far from a "badass" but was always the "damsel in distress". She was certainly diligent in Aincrad however she was not without her own issues in the real world and is a lot like Sinon from GGO in many ways. I don't think the  Fairy Dance Arc was bad in any way as it exposed some of Kirito's weaknesses so there was a lot of character development to be had ...

The 2nd cour of SAO II was a MASSIVE improvement over the 2nd cour of the first season. In fact it focuses ENTIRELY on the heroine of the series, Asuna where Kirito takes a back seat in the Mother Rosario Arc. 

Here's how I would rank it ...

Mother Rosario Arc > Aincrad Arc > Phantom Bullet Arc > Fairy Dance Arc

Alright, i'll add it to my list ^^ I know i'll like the action/fights, so i'm sure to get some enjoyment out of it even if the story doesn't work for me.

Thanks again for the recommendations o/

Zekkyou said:

Alright, i'll add it to my list ^^ I know i'll like the action/fights, so i'm sure to get some enjoyment out of it even if the story doesn't work for me.

Thanks again for the recommendations o/

The story for the series is practically perfect IMO ...

Boutros said:
vivster said:
Boutros said:

I'm not sure I understand why Attack on Titan was so popular expect if you tell me it was mostly popular amongst the 10-18 age group. So much cheesiness (poor dialogues, cliché characters, shallow character development, explications about situations that don't need to be explained unless you're braindead). And some troublesome pacing problems. That's a shame because the rest is well made.

Production value and original story. Doesn't really need more.

Your description also matches a bunch of animes I didn't like but were well received in this thread.

That's too bad really.

I don't mind those flaws in animes that don't take themselves too seriously but something like Attack on Titan actually tries to be mature so it's unfortunate.

Really? I didn't see AOT as serious or mature. Maybe that's because of the ridiculous setting. Usually I'm quite sensitive to animes that take themselves too serious and try to be more than they are. But for what it was AOT was an absolute joy to watch. Ending each episode on a cliffhanger might seem cheap but it definitely worked on me.

Would've been my AOTY if it wasn't for Kill La Kill.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

2014 had a great lineup! Sword Art Online II, Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka, Amagi Brilliant Park, Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai, Trinity Seven, Chuunibyou demo Koi shitai! Rei, Gekkan Shōjo Nozaki-kun, and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. Can't wait for the 2015 lineup!

I'm gonna have to watch DRRR! again to get ready for DRRR!x2, not that I'm complaining. Okay, maybe I'm a little salty we are getting DRRR instead of Baccano, but I'll take anything.

Versus_Evil said:
Well i just finished my Fall 14 lineup, it's been the best Imo really great lineup of shows. Bring on Winter 15 and that 4 month wait for Fate Stay Night season 2.

Yeah, what a wait for Fate stay night UBW =( But i hope the servants deaths wouldnt be as simple as the one who died already. I want some CRAZY fight scenes.

I think Winter 2015 is going to be a good one. With current animes that are going to end

- Parasyte    - Shigatsu wa kimi no uso     - Akatsuki no yona      - Log Horizon s2     ( and so far all of these are really good, and im excited on how they will end it)

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Let's jump right into the season with Tsukimonogatari :)

Too bad there are no raws for the 2 pre aired Milky Holmes episodes yet.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Random Picture of the day: Happy New Year guys! Heres to another awesome year of anime!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850