By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

2015 is looking to be a great year.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

Also holy sh*t Yamada kun 7 nin no Majo got an anime!!!!

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Whoa, just found out that GATE- Thus the JSDF Fought There! is getting an anime.

A realitvely simple premise but the execution is well done.  The story starts with a portal opening in the middle of a crowded Japanese city.  Soldiers with swords and spears spill out and begin slaughtering pedestrians, declaring themselves conquerors.  That lasts exactly until the JSDF arrives.  Fearing more attacks, the military establishes a defensive base on the other side of the portal.  First Lieutenant Itami, who is normally carefree and easy-going, but who distinguished himself in the first attacks, is given command of a recon squad with orders to go out and explore this new fantasy land while trying to impress upon the natives that there is no need to be enemies.

Sounds kind of like Outbreak Company, doesn't it?  There are a lot of very important differences, however.  First of all, there is a LOT of graphic fighting and killing in GATE.  These are soldiers who encounter a lot of enemies.  They begin winning over the villagers of this new land by defending and helping them but people die quite often.  There is a good deal of comedy, and random native girls of different species and walks of life attach themselves to the recon unit, but the action is on the realistic side.

Itami with Princess Pina and Rory, Apostle of the Death God Emroy.

Lelei the apprentice sage, Rory, and Tuka the elven girl they rescue when her village is slaughtered.

Wow ...

The next season's lineup is just cringeworthy ...

fatslob-:O said:
Wow ...

The next season's lineup is just cringeworthy ...

Really? So much great stuff!

Tsukimonogatari

Milky Holmes

Kan Colle

Yuri Kuma Arashi

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:

Tsukimonogatari

Milky Holmes

Kan Colle

Yuri Kuma Arashi

Tsukimonogatari is only 4 episodes long and I've never delved into that series once ... 

The last season of Milky Holmes wasn't all that well received plus JC Staff are pretty hit and miss at times ...

Kantai Collection is an adaption of a terrible online card battle game ...

As for the last one, I don't really care about Yuri animes ...

One of the lamest anime season in recent memory if I do say so myself ...

There is stuff I'm looking forward to. Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata should be good. I'm interested to see how Assassination Classroom translates to anime. Durarararara x2, of course. Death Parade has my attention, as Madhouse has been excellent lately. I'm looking forward to Virgin Witch Maria, too.

Has the potential to be decent. Anime seasons like this Fall are the exception rather than the rule.

fatslob-:O said:
vivster said:

Tsukimonogatari

Milky Holmes

Kan Colle

Yuri Kuma Arashi

Tsukimonogatari is only 4 episodes long and I've never delved into that series once ...

The last season of Milky Holmes wasn't all that well received plus JC Staff are pretty hit and miss at times ...

Kantai Collection is an adaption of a terrible online card battle game ...

As for the last one, I don't really care about Yuri animes ...

One of the lamest anime season in recent memory if I do say so myself ...

Milky is currently in a quantum state of sucking and not sucking until we break the symmetry. Futare was really bad but that also had to do with the subject matter. I really hope Moriwaki gave the new guy a good whipping to not shit on the spirit of the original. The last PV looked promising. If executed properly it has all the chances for AOTY 2015.

The original material isn't important for Kan Colle. Even if it's just so-so, the premise will make it watchable.

I think the yuri part in Yuri Kuma Arashi is the least interesting one. I mean look at the PVs. That thing is fucking crazy. Written and directed by the most oldschool guy imagineable(director of Sailor Moon). Could be really refreshing.

And if all else fails there is still Idolmaster and Koufuku Grafitti. Gonna be quite a relaxed season.

Not to forget the 6 animes it continues from last season.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

So I was watching Kaze no Stigma on netflix and nearing the end I googled to se if there was a season 2 only to find out the author died and there will be no continuation of the anime or manga. Now I lost the motivation to finish the first season....Should I continue?

vivster said:
New Key Anime in the works :)

Stock up on tissues, guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haR7oErj7kg

Wow!!! That is one good trailer/announcement! And I LOVED Angel Beats and Little Busters!!!! I hope it will be another Hit!!!

This season is ending! With Fate/ Stay Night UBW being the last one to finish on my list ( which comes out in a few hours!!!! HYPE!!!) And next season is looking really good, with these animes that im going to watch 100% - Tokyou Ghoul S2, Durarara s2 shou and Death Parade. And continuing Log horizon, Akatsuki no Yona, Parasyte and Shigatsu wa kimi no uso =D

Pocky Lover Boy!