Forums - Movies Discussion - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread - Summer 2019!

vivster said:
This season is just weird.

For me there isn't really much this season, while I do have plans to watch Isekai Quartet Season 2 and Runway De Waratte, there isn't much for me right now compare to basically every season last year. Like last Winter we had some incredible shows like Kaguya-Sama Love is War and The Promised Neverland both of which were my top 5 last year. Thankfully every other Season this year is looking to be pretty great. 

Around the Network

I love Bofuri. The quality is mediocre but the premise is just awesome and the MC is so wonderfully bonkers.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Great start for Bofuri, gonna be one of the better shows this season from first impressions.

"Wheel me out to the curb for garbage day"

"The shortest and fastest route, straight ahead, In a straight line"

So I watched Ishuzoku Reviewers. It feels like the first good ecchi anime in at least 3 years. I love how direct it is and how it treats sex as something completely normal, aka how it should be treated. The most interesting thing was that in the uncensored version you can see full puss in the OP, though I doubt we'll see anything like that outside the OP. They choose their angles wisely. The character designs are nice, the script is solid and animation is good. It's basically the dream for any monster girl fan.

I also watched the first Ep of Railgun and holy shit was that first episode exposition central. It's as if the director and writers looked at film making 101 and then did the exact opposite. Now I wonder if Railgun was always this terrible.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I have zero interest in Railgun. The writing in the second season wasn't just bad, it was really bad. Like, "I'm kind of pissed off that I wasted time on it" levels of bad. Just like Index, it's bits and pieces of good mixed in with a whole lot of pretentiousness. It was between watching Railgun and rewatching Milky Holmes for the 5th time, I'd choose Milky Holmes without blinking.

Around the Network

One of the biggest Winter seasons for me ever, theres so much good shows here. Outside of the 3 rollovers (Chihayafuru 3, MHA S4, FGO) and sequel (Haikyuu S4) the new shows have so far been great. My first past 10 show season in years.

The real stand out new shows for me are after episode 1.

1. In/Spectre
  2. Dorohedoro
  3. Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na!
  4. BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense.
  5. If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die
  6. Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun
  7. Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden
  8. Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!!
  9. Somali to Mori no Kamisama
  10. Heya Camp△

And the shows that are dropped

1. 22/7
  2. ID:Invaded
  3. Hatena Illusion
  4. Smile Down The Runway

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 16 January 2020

Seton Academy is pure dumpster fire greatness.

Bofuri is still amazing. The animation is complete dogshit in parts but it's so wonderfully whimsy. Both MCs are already awesome, can't wait for the rest of the cast and the evolving story. I already regret that it's only 12 eps.

I used to watch Anime in Japanese with English subs back when I downloaded that stuff, like the evil pirate that I was.

Now I'm still evil but with Netflix I got used to the convenience and I'm too lazy to go back to downloads, ratios, seeds and all that nonsense.

Anyway the point being that I used to watch Anime subs and now I watch Anime dubs (Sometimes in English, sometimes in French).

It's only taken 6yrs since season 2 aired but Log Horizon season 3 is finally coming this Fall.