Forums - Movies Discussion - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread - Summer 2019!

Not only is Zombieland Saga completely awesome but Tae-chan is the current frontrunner for Best Girl.

Around the Network

Zombieland Saga really out here dropping the hottest bars, best rap of 2018.

Well it seems that AOTS here is: Overlord!

I'll leave the poll empty, but if you have any ideas, let me know!

Anyways, seasonal updates.

Not gonna lie, despite all the cute girls in Zombieland Saga, Mamoru Miyano's manager character is the best part of this show for me. His delivery is just hilarious, reminds me of a Japanese Pee-Wee Herman. Half the time I'm laughing is because of him XD

That biker girl though...I like her. I'd take care of her Tamagotchi if you catch my drift.

Jojo is shaping out to be awesome. Bruno seems to be a nice guy really, and Giorno had an interesting backstory. Still trying to wrap my head around his powers...he gives life to anything he touches, and can control anything he touches, and turn them into anything? 

Also nice that Coda is back for the OP.

Hinomaru is rushed as I expected...they basically just brought every character into one episode. Reina is still cute...I hope they don't skip the few moments she has this season.

Also watching that shameless imouto anime but no one wants to hear about that. That makes 5 for-sure anime, 2 tentative, and 2 I still need to start. Pretty solid season for me.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Vento Aureo episode 2, that opening, I really like the song as usual, but the visuals come off more as generic than the usual burst of detail within every frame like the previous Jojo openings, it still has some granted, but nothing to get super excited.

But they bring me back in again with the amazingly directed and animated showdown between Bruno and GioGio, nailed to perfection. David Productions delivering once again. AND THAT OST MAN, so good.

Let's have a champion time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUG_NS0xqSY

2nd week of Fall season and as expected, it is starting to settle in pretty nicely and some shows with packed beginning have decided to slow down things a bit ....

BUT NOT JOJO !
They actually left us right in the battle Giorgio was fighting against Zipper-man (I'm really bad with names,sorry), which ended up with a nice speech of our new Jojo protag stating his grand ambitions pretty clearly.

As for SSSS Gridman (Trigger), we were left on a bit of a cliffhanger but it seems we won't have yet an explanation of the phenomenon. Also, it seems like people can actually DIE in a tokusatsu show. Surprisingly we already got a low-key reveal of the actual mastermind behind the kaiju's attacks .... revealing our fav yandere of this season.

Now, after all the "hype and shock" from the 1st epsiode of Dark Souls : Goblins Edition in Fantasy World, we got a neat slower paced episode with GS backstory/psyche at it's core. The receptionist also plays a major chunk of focus during the episode. Also, why is White Fox having such a damn problem with GS constant change of character's animation. They always switching it up between 2D and CG, this is seriously something that I cannot stomach easily while watching that nice and obnoxious jiggle physics from Cow Girl.

And now, SAO Alicization 2nd episode ...

Yes, YES, YES !!!

They finally got the pacing right with the addition of Kirito's inner monologues from the LN (Ok ... maybe not as in-depth as in the LN, but important still).

They'll definitely be using their time to let people sink in carefully into Underworld lore's which is just what I wanted from a series spliting into 4 cours

As always, production values are high but conservative and the camera work makes such a difference now from how the director from S1/S2 was doing things (Like the coffee shop scene). Now if they keep this up for the next episodes, I can feel we'll have something special here.

Now, I guess we still have 3 episodes left (hopefully) until we get to book #10

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

I hope Tae stays the exact same when she awakes.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Damn, I love the JoJo Vento Aureo opening.

The Slime isekai is pretty good.

Watched Goblin Slayer now.Still not sure if I should watch it. Probably would've stopped already if it wasn't for the fantasy setting.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

this new anime is a big surprise! :)

Karakuri Circus

i know, the cover looks boring.. and this man too... but the first episode is really great - awesome! The guy is sympathetic, the opponents and this one wife very interesting and the story too. The gloomy dolls have a great design. I want the Blu Ray's, someday. This anime is complete new. Hopefully it will be a success, the studio is investing good in this anime.

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 17 October 2018

The Last of Us 2, so beautiful <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dowuwdxzblM