By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can I Take Gaming Console On Plane?

Mystro-Sama said:
Wright said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Never heard of that place before. 0.0

Though it's nice to see a fellow islander

Cool. Still never heard of it.  

Have you heard about the Tenerife airport disaster? Two planes collided on the runway and 583 people were killed. Its the deadliest accident in aviation history.  

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Wright said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Never heard of that place before. 0.0

Though it's nice to see a fellow islander

Cool. Still never heard of it.  

Have you heard about the Tenerife airport disaster? Two planes collided on the runway and 583 people were killed. Its the deadliest accident in aviation history.  

How the fuck does that even happen?

yep

Yeah man, it is treated like a cell phone on airplane mode, just got off a plane with my vita! Enjoy the trip.

Mystro-Sama said:

How the fuck does that even happen?

Its very sad. Its was a series of very unlikely events that lead to that accident. But ultimately the blame goes on the KLM pilots for taking off even though they didn't have clearance and so they crashed into the other plane. 

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:

Its very sad. Its was a series of very unlikely events that lead to that accident. But ultimately the blame goes on the KLM pilots for taking off even though they didn't have clearance and so they crashed into the other plane. 

There was a terrorist attack on the Gran Canaria airport, which forced a plane to go land on the Tenerife airport. That's the real reason there were a plane taking off and a plane trying to land under extreme weather conditions. Yes, bad decision by the guy who took off, but still. Communications were bad that day too.

sully1311 said:

Sorry offtopic: What would Ryanair have anything to do with bag security? Surely its the airport that provides the secuirty.

True that, but I've seen them allowing heavy luggage into the plane.

Yes, you can treat any console or electronic device that big as you would a laptop. It gets its own security bin, but it can be in hand luggage or suitcases.
I prefer Hand luggage to keep a better eye on it.
sauce: Travelling to school via plane for about 3 1/2 years

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

SaberSaurus said:

yep

I just need to get a plane with an outlet, and a Wii U. Even my laptop barely fits, and I'm always playing Skyrim on flights.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Wright said:
MoHasanie said:

There was a terrorist attack on the Gran Canaria airport, which forced a plane to go land on the Tenerife airport. That's the real reason there were a plane taking off and a plane trying to land under extreme weather conditions. Yes, bad decision by the guy who took off, but still. Communications were bad that day too.

True. But the main KLM pilot got impatient and decided to take off. Sure he couldn't see the other plane, but that doesn't excuse his mistake. He was more concerned about not going over European flying time restrictions for pilots. 

Also, no plane was landing. The Pan Am was crossing the runway and preparing to go to the end of the runway to take off.