By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: EA Access Doesn't "Represent Good Value To The PlayStation Gamer"

Tamron said:
walsufnir said:

I don't have to and your advice is neither needed not welcome. Stating opinions should never be wrong (if they stay at a civil way, of course).

But your attempt for acting like a mod was taken with a grin

It was a civil, level headed suggestion. it's of course entirely your choice if you take it or not.

Of course it was and of course it is.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
BMaker11 said:

I don't see what you're getting at. But if you think opening the flood gates like that is a good thing, I guess that's just a difference of opinion. The trial, discounts, and free games will be ripped from PS+/GwG and put on a publisher by publisher subscription service. So you'll be paying $30 if you want EA stuff, $30 if you want Activision stuff, etc. instead of having some uniformity. But I guess spending more and more is a good thing =/

Maybe PS+ is really bad for publishers.. ever thought about that? Not generating any income for the publishers.. could be the reason why EA did it..

or it was actually generating a lot of money and EA wanted a slice of the pie? 

the concept is simple. Sony offers some money for a game. an example would be 5 million to rockstar for RDR. by that point RDR was already profitable and sales werent all that much. so, they take the 5 million, which is free money, they also get the chance to sell more DLC since a lot of people are exposed to the game, and its free marketing. in the grand scheme of things sony only pays 5 million form the hunders they make from PS+. 

Rockstar gets free money, plus their game is marketed, and they are certainly going to sell more DLC.

Sony gets the big game, pays a small amount from the total they get PS+. and can manage to get much more games on it too. and they get the 50$ a year

the consumer gets the games, many of them. and pay 50$ a year for them all. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
We have psplus, we will have psnow and EA wanted to put this in the console.

Sony give a better deal with psplus and they shoot it down cause this could take away some subcribers that would not pay the 2. Smart they shoot it down, sould i care ? NOP

should ps users care ? some will , same dont ...

should xbox fans care about this ? some care by looking at this thread , infact they are angry and they want psplus fans to be angry too with sony. Some things never change.

i would have loved to see the reactions of this wasnt announced as "xbox exclusive" and was on PS from the start. 

Last year with ps+ I had battlefield3 for free, fifa 14 on ps3 and vita for only £29.00 but I also had NFSmost wanted for free....

So why should I pay more ?

Ps+ is all I need for now.

bananaking21 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
We have psplus, we will have psnow and EA wanted to put this in the console.

Sony give a better deal with psplus and they shoot it down cause this could take away some subcribers that would not pay the 2. Smart they shoot it down, sould i care ? NOP

should ps users care ? some will , same dont ...

should xbox fans care about this ? some care by looking at this thread , infact they are angry and they want psplus fans to be angry too with sony. Some things never change.

i would have loved to see the reactions of this wasnt announced as "xbox exclusive" and was on PS from the start.

Many would

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
BMaker11 said:

I don't see what you're getting at. But if you think opening the flood gates like that is a good thing, I guess that's just a difference of opinion. The trial, discounts, and free games will be ripped from PS+/GwG and put on a publisher by publisher subscription service. So you'll be paying $30 if you want EA stuff, $30 if you want Activision stuff, etc. instead of having some uniformity. But I guess spending more and more is a good thing =/

Maybe PS+ is really bad for publishers.. ever thought about that? Not generating any income for the publishers.. could be the reason why EA did it..

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/191966/playstation_plus_good_for_.php

"The revenue was worthwile", "I'd categorize it as a 'nice boost'", "free promotions build a fan base", "receiving great PR and gamer feedback", "going free in the later parts of the game's life cycle can give you a nice revenue boost", etc. etc. etc.

I'm seeing no negatives here.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/08/28/futurlab-explains-how-sony-approaches-companies-to-put-their-game-free-on-playstation-plus-instant-game-collection/

For publisher side commentary

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/03/sony-confirms-they-pay-devs-cash-to-include-their-games-in-ps/

Sony straight up paying them cash.

bananaking21 said:

or it was actually generating a lot of money and EA wanted a slice of the pie? 

the concept is simple. Sony offers some money for a game. an example would be 5 million to rockstar for RDR. by that point RDR was already profitable and sales werent all that much. so, they take the 5 million, which is free money, they also get the chance to sell more DLC since a lot of people are exposed to the game, and its free marketing. in the grand scheme of things sony only pays 5 million form the hunders they make from PS+. 

Rockstar gets free money, plus their game is marketed, and they are certainly going to sell more DLC.

Sony gets the big game, pays a small amount from the total they get PS+. and can manage to get much more games on it too. and they get the 50$ a year

the consumer gets the games, many of them. and pay 50$ a year for them all. 

I know how it works but I don't think the price for the publishers is right.. looking at the games offered the last few months.. its a bit down in quality from when it started. could be a sign that Sony is offering less money or it's not worth it.. (funny thing that there are a lot of EA games in Europe in PS+)

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Ka-pi96 said:
eh? They don't think it was good enough value so they aren't even giving people the option?

They want EA to get on board with PSNow which would have to fight with this service if they let it on their platform.  They have the most popular next gen machine and want all those people (or as many as possible) to use PSnow not another service.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Intrinsic said:
GamechaserBE said:

Indeed, giving the consumers more options is an anti-consumer business. 

Anyway not giving away new games and discounts on purchases is not so good for 30$ a year

But not giving away new games and discount for 50$ (PS+) is good right ^^'? 

Then we are not even talking about the advantage that people know what they will get for 30$ a year but not with ps plus for 50$ a year..

If you can stop for a second and stop making this a sony vs. thing then you may understand where I am coming from.

We are talking games and discounts here. Thats basiclly what this service does right? PS+ is doing it, XBL is doing it and now EA access.

Again, games and discounts.

I am sorry, I would rather pay $50 and get "games and discounts" from every publisher as it is now rather than pay on a publisher by publishr basis. Cause if this thing takes off, next thing you know ubisoft has theirs, activision, take 2...etc. Before you know what more and more vlue will be leveraged behind these "services" to the point where not paying for it would seem stupid......

So no, down the road I don't see how this is good value. I don't see why adding yet another service to do something that a service is already in place to do is a good thing especially when it reduces the value of the already existing service. Be it PS+ or XBL. 

at first i was all like why would sony stop anyone from the choice as that has been their platform for a while now...

...but that is a good point.  i wasn't thinking about EA pulling all their games and discounts from ps+.   i would hate, hate having to have a sub to every publisher to get the discounts i currently enjoy on ps+.  i guess we can see how things develop on xbox but as of right now sony has been better for consumers than EA.  if sony says this plan was bad than it makes me wonder what the final product looks like.

EA is just trying to hide their true intentions.