By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros (3DS) is the Best Seller of 2014 Already on Japan Amazon! How Big Is This Game @.@

Slarvax said:

I trust more COMG. But let's believe Amazon: I'm more interested in how it would affect the Wii U version. Could it eat up console sales? Will it be the opposite, and benefit it? It's hard to tell, but, as far as Japan, I think it will be a positive reaction.

Also, it's very imperssive that MK8 is above both YK2 SKUs 0.0

Well in terms of real sales MK8 is under each Youkai Watch 2 SKU (and DQ should be higher). It seems as Amazon favors more of Nintendo 1st party+Western Releases as GTA5 was in the top 10 last year.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
JWeinCom said:
kljesta64 said:
are we expecting SSB 3DS 2mil. sold first week ?

I would say over 1 million.  Possibly as high as 1.5.

If it debuts that high i hope it surpasses SSBB there (its over 2.4mil i believe). I just hope many people wont downplay WiiU version cuz its obviously (especially in japan) will do much less. Of course it'll do good but you kno how some people are >_>

I think the sales will be more front loaded than Brawl because of the install base of the 3DS being way higher than the Wii and the portable gaming market being so much healthier.  I think the success of the 3DS verion might actually spillover to the Wii U version.  Won't do what Brawl did, but will sell well considering the install base.

The baby seals, tbone, think of the baby seals!

JWeinCom said:
tbone51 said:

I think the sales will be more front loaded than Brawl because of the install base of the 3DS being way higher than the Wii and the portable gaming market being so much healthier.  I think the success of the 3DS verion might actually spillover to the Wii U version.  Won't do what Brawl did, but will sell well considering the install base.

I definitely can see it more front loaded compared to Brawl (wiiu version). I just hope WiiU version does well, i think 1mil is very successful considering its the WiiU lol! 

I think Worse case scenario for both are WiiU= 400k and 3DS= 1mil but i think good expectations lifetime should be WiiU 600k-1mil and 3DS 1.5mil-2mil, possibly more

So here we are (Japan)

1.97mil: SSB 64

1.39mil: SSBM

2.60mil: SSBB

Didn't realize that SSB>SSBM there but it makes sense. My predictions (being more positive than what i think)

2.20mil: SSB 3DS

1.00mil: SSB WiiU

benao87 said:
The baby seals, tbone, think of the baby seals!

Your not welcome here >:(

Around the Network

Japanese have great taste in games...

Honestly I feel like the whole point of SSB 3ds is to cash in on the popularity of the series in the handheld market in Japan. The game was made to be bought by millions of Japanese handheld gamers, which it clearly is succeeding at doing. Any profit they make with it in the west is bonus because they already know the Wii U one will succeed in the west.

how big will the hardware bump be :)?

Wow, it is all about Nintendo in Japan. 9 of the itens on top ten are from Nintendo.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

this is so going to kill the Wii U version

Switch!!!