By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One China. FULL DETAILS EMERGE. MS aren't messing about.

Tagged games:

prinz_valium said:
GamechaserBE said:
PattonFiend said:
The fact that most games, especially shooters and those rated M will not even be able to be purchased in China because of their laws, what games does that really leave?

I remember in the Xbox empire thread someone made a news post that their are +10 local games release around the launch... not going to check the 45.000 posts though :s;

and some rumours* about wow going to be on xbox one (blizzcon announcement)

lol would be huge, too

*only some random post form a guy on neo gaf. no more prove, or evidence. take it with a grain of salt...

Yes their are some games on PC that have an Chinese owner who let the games bring on X-ONE..  Thought Epic as also (semi)owned by a Chinese company.

Around the Network
Burek said:

I wouldn't worry about games. Sports, racing, simulations, puzzlers, movie tie-ins, Disney, Hannah Montana 2, My Horse and Me HD. I believe even Destiny could pass. I believe most tames will be available, with just a few military shooters getting the axe (especially BF4, that one doesn't stand a chance).

What if they rename the DLC "Rise of the Nippons" and have Chinese special ops as the good guys, uh?

Goatseye said:

What if they rename the DLC "Rise of the Nippons" and have Chinese special ops as the good guys, uh?

They May crack a smile, but than proceed to pick up the stamp that say's "否认" or "否認"

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Yuck.

I thought they would actually have the stones to discount it if you're on a broadband plan already. But they're basically asking full price + TWO different paywalls.

Yikes.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

2 billion people over there, 1% market penetration in these numbers would mean 20 million consoles. It is potentially a 100 million consoles market (considering that 5% of the population can afford and is interested in gaming), so, Sony better hurry, a company can make a lot of money in China.

Just think about Brazil: it sucks, but the market was big enough to justify sony instaling a factory in here. China is much more promissing.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
fleischr said:
Yuck.

I thought they would actually have the stones to discount it if you're on a broadband plan already. But they're basically asking full price + TWO different paywalls.

Yikes.

Not like you to have a downer on a Xbox related announcement.

Cheer up.

Look, its 2014... lets drop this nonsense.  Pretty much every console owner has broadband (perhaps every one actually) especially in a market where we are talking about the top end of society only buying the product.  (and in any event Im not sure the broadband subscription requirement is confirmed yet)

The Live cost is moot since PSN also now charges a fee.

It is locked to a certain broadband provider.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

fleischr said:
kowenicki said:
fleischr said:
Yuck.

Yikes.

Not like you to have a downer on a Xbox related announcement.

Cheer up.

Look, its 2014... lets drop this nonsense.  Pretty much every console owner has broadband (perhaps every one actually) especially in a market where we are talking about the top end of society only buying the product.  (and in any event Im not sure the broadband subscription requirement is confirmed yet)

The Live cost is moot since PSN also now charges a fee.

It is locked to a certain broadband provider.

as sales partner. no1 said u need a subsciption to be alble to purchaches an xbox one

just for reference in mainland china you could buy grey market imported xbox one's for $460 with bundled game.

more or less the same story in HK, give or take 20$ 

Source: I go there often because of work,  it's where the US Xbox One i currently own is from. Neither the xbox one or ps4 are going to do much higher numbers,  because theyre both basically already widely available despite the ban. 

One question I will ask though,  is the $550 console theyre selling the one with kinect or without?  because all the ones i have seen there thus far are with. 

Expecting this to be as big of a game changer as Titanfall and dropping Kinect was

That price is actually pretty good. Will be very interesting to see how it does there. Chinese people buy lots of Iphones so I do expect the X1 to get a small boost from China.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54