By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One China. FULL DETAILS EMERGE. MS aren't messing about.

Tagged games:

kowenicki said:

Hong Kong never had a ban so you are factually incorrect.

But.. one more time.  you are derailing.  stop.

I never stated Hong Kong had a Ban, i pointed out that Hong Kong is a part of China, so i am correct that the xboxone is not the very first console to release in china after the ban. so no i am correct and i am not derailing the thread.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Burek said:
I just wonder if the 499 yuan pre-order deposit is indicative of the rumored 4.999 yuan ($800) sales price?
Like that deal with China Telecom the other day, exclusive availability may be a hindrance, but also a possible advantage if they offer subscription plans.
Hopefully Microsoft will provide some numbers post-launch, this is a very interesting, unexplored market.

$565.  $800 was a rumour based on bugger all.

There was rumor before, that the Chinese Xbox One will sport a whopping $800 (4,999 RMB) price tag. But a picture leaked yesterday seems to put consumers at ease, bringing down the price of Xbox One "limited edition" to 3,499 RMB ($565). I should mention that every price tag in China is the after-tax price. For something labeled $500 pre-tax in the United States, $65 extra for tax and tariff isn't bad at all. The price even competes well against Xbox Ones smuggled into China (how the majority of Chinese consumers are buying game consoles in the past decade), which are mostly in the 3,100 - 3,700 RMB range on Taobao, China's most popular online shopping site.

According to the leaked picture, the 3,499 RMB bundle includes the console itself, one "customized" controller, the Kinect sensor, plus:

• 100 RMB coupon for shopping on major e-commerce website JD.com.
  • Another 100 RMB coupon for buying a second controller.
  • Gif pack" (content unclear) worth up to 1,000 RMB.
  • 3 "blockbuster games" (not clear which three yet).

Plus, by China's government-mandated service standard for consumer electronics, the Chinese Xbox One comes with 2 years of warranty.

Chinese Microsoft-centric news site WPDang consulted their insider source, and confirmed that said price and bundled contents are very credible. 

Microsoft and its Chinese partner BesTV are expected to demonstrate the Chinese Xbox One on the ChinaJoy expo (July 31 - August 3, in Shanghai). We will know more about console's launch in China in the coming days.

Thanks for that. When I saw the picture, I remembered that news item. It completely slipped my mind, though.

It is actually a great price, cheaper than in Europe in most places.

kowenicki said:

You need to do some reading.

Fly to Hong Kong and then try to drive into China... you wont be able to.  You need a seperate visa.

Hong Kong is allowed to operate seperately on many levels and has never banned consoles.   Hong Kong has its own currency, border, stock exchange and legal system.

The xbox one is the first console to launch post ban IN China.  End of story.

And is Hong Kong in fact a part of China? that Answer is yes! is the consoles being sold after the ban after British handed hong kong back to china or before? After it does not matter if i have to have a seperate visa or paper's or have to have my hair color Blue, Hong Kong is part of China thus , to be frank to be correct the xboxone to launch first to launch in mainland china,it is not the first console after the ban to be the first to launch in China! 

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

heres hoping we don't start getting bootleg systems as china is known to do

kowenicki said:
joeorc said:
kowenicki said:

You need to do some reading.

Fly to Hong Kong and then try to drive into China... you wont be able to.  You need a seperate visa.

Hong Kong is allowed to operate seperately on many levels and has never banned consoles.   Hong Kong has its own currency, border, stock exchange and legal system.

The xbox one is the first console to launch post ban IN China.  End of story.

And is Hong Kong in fact a part of China? that Answer is yes! is the consoles being sold after the ban after British handed hong kong back to china or before? After it does not matter if i have to have a seperate visa or paper's or have to have my hair color Blue, Hong Kong is part of China thus , to be frank to be correct the xboxone to launch first in mainland china, not the first to launch in China! 

Feel better now.

my you are a lil testy, for being so defensive...LMAO

i just pointed out, you called what i stated was wrong, but infactg what i stated was correct..but it seems you are the one getting all bent out of shape. Not me.

I AM BOLO

ps:

Around the Network

I guess it could do good numbers.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

kowenicki said:

Feel better now that you made you semantic point that changes nothing?

Semantic's? oh so implying that somehow someway, that what i stated was only semantics in a way to belittle my point, gotcha! and its very clear that even when you are wrong you just want to belittle the point of the other person...gotcha

I AM BOLO

ps:

joeorc said:
kowenicki said:

I never stated Hong Kong had a Ban, i pointed out that Hong Kong is a part of China, so i am correct that the xboxone is not the very first console to release in china after the ban. so no i am correct and i am not derailing the thread.

Ummmm, Hong Kong isn't apart of China.

NobleTeam360 said:
joeorc said:
kowenicki said:

yes it is...look here

The handover ceremony of Hong Kong in 1997 officially marked the transfer of sovereignty over Hong Kong from theUnited Kingdom to the People's Republic of China. It was an internationally televised event with the ceremony commencing on the night of 30 June 1997 and finishing on 1 July 1997. The ceremony was held at the new wing of the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC) in Wan Chai.

http://www.nytimes.com/learning/general/onthisday/big/0630.html

in 1997 they handed it back over , don't you remember it was even televised on tv every where

I AM BOLO

ps:

joeorc said:
NobleTeam360 said:

yes it is...look here

http://www.nytimes.com/learning/general/onthisday/big/0630.html

in 1997 they handed it back over , don't you remember it was even televised on tv every where

No, I was like 5 years old in 1997. But still it can go either way, Hong Kong has it's own currency and stock, while citizens need visa's to enter china and vice versa. So you could say it's apart of China but you can also say it's not. That's how I see it at least.