By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Last of Us Remastered REVIEW THREAD, IGN / Gameinformer 10!!!!

For those making fun of that woman and celebrating her layoff, get some help.

Around the Network
RCTjunkie said:
For those making fun of that woman and celebrating her layoff, get some help.

Yeah, you are right....

Sorry about that.

DM235 said:
yum123 said:

christ simple question. Anyone who has bought the game will know

Bought the game.  Game case is empty (except for the disc of course).  There is no online pass or DLC codes, or any type of paper inserts.

I believe the DLC is on the disk along with the main game. No idea about the MP/difficulty stuff, but the story DLC unlocks once you finish the main campaign.

Look, I wanted to like TLOU, but I can't when my AI partner decides to run full speed ahead and get me killed. A supposed "Game of the Generation" can't have those basic AI flaws. The people who keep saying 'masterpiece' have the right to their opinion, but myself and four other friends have all had that happen multiple times. And there are several sections where pacing just doesn't feel right. I'm not going to be 'that guy' and say it is an awful game, but I will say that I'm not upset by review sites that give it a 7 or 8 out of 10. For what it is, it has flaws and isn't a game that I will play over and over again without frustration.

That said, I'm playing through some older games and I have to say that Kingdom Hearts is the Game of the Generation for Gen 6. For Gen 7? That's a bit tougher. I'm inclined to say Super Mario Galaxy because of how flawless every element of the game was; but even a game like Bioshock helped evolve what a game really is. If I had to choose, I would still pick Galaxy. There's something infinitely replayable about it and it feels great to play through each level. Not to take anything away from TLOU! It does some very cool stuff, and I'm glad reviewers recognize this, but to hear it praised like a god is a little overboard.

Also, guys and gals, Carolyn Petit is a transgender woman (man, to woman) and she has been bullied constantly for most of her life after she decided to go with the change. Please recognize that she is human and made a choice. Don't shame her for it.

Around the Network
MarcellusMighty said:
Look, I wanted to like TLOU, but I can't when my AI partner decides to run full speed ahead and get me killed. A supposed "Game of the Generation" can't have those basic AI flaws. The people who keep saying 'masterpiece' have the right to their opinion, but myself and four other friends have all had that happen multiple times. And there are several sections where pacing just doesn't feel right. I'm not going to be 'that guy' and say it is an awful game, but I will say that I'm not upset by review sites that give it a 7 or 8 out of 10. For what it is, it has flaws and isn't a game that I will play over and over again without frustration.

That said, I'm playing through some older games and I have to say that Kingdom Hearts is the Game of the Generation for Gen 6. For Gen 7? That's a bit tougher. I'm inclined to say Super Mario Galaxy because of how flawless every element of the game was; but even a game like Bioshock helped evolve what a game really is. If I had to choose, I would still pick Galaxy. There's something infinitely replayable about it and it feels great to play through each level. Not to take anything away from TLOU! It does some very cool stuff, and I'm glad reviewers recognize this, but to hear it praised like a god is a little overboard.

Your AI partner can't be detected unless you are seen. So when hiding or moving to be unseen they will not be detected by the enemy AI. That is how the game was designed just wanted to point that out. 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Ah, let me clarify. It's moments where obvious things should be obvious to the AI, but she screws it up. Case in point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFN8bpuL1Bs

She runs into things constantly; fails to properly defend me; when supposed to avoid death traps, she runs right into them. Things like that drew me out of the experience.

MarcellusMighty said:
Ah, let me clarify. It's moments where obvious things should be obvious to the AI, but she screws it up. Case in point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFN8bpuL1Bs

She runs into things constantly; fails to properly defend me; when supposed to avoid death traps, she runs right into them. Things like that drew me out of the experience.

Well that video was a horrible example lol. The first fail was more on the player than Ellie even though her missing the enemy and hitting that shelf was pretty funny lol. And the other part was no big deal but if the video could only come up with 2 things then it is reaching for something lol. 

But I can definetely understand you being drawn out by certain things though, it happens and TLOU is not for everyone. Nothing wrong with that at all! 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Yeah, I'm always frustrated when I can't find the things that happen to me in videos online, haha. But it's true, I'm just frustrated when the experience gets jarred.

PlayMatt said:

Glad they fired her (or him... Can't really know for her face)

Your glad shes fired because didn't think the last of us was a gift from the gods? thats pretty pathetic dude...