By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Last of Us Remastered REVIEW THREAD, IGN / Gameinformer 10!!!!

It's back to 95 already.

Around the Network

After 5 new Reviews all scoring perfect 10s

PlayMatt said:
bigjon said:
ThatDanishGamer said:
BenVTrigger said:
GameSpot 8.0

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/the-last-of-us-remastered-review/1900-6415827/

I don't understand why GameSpot is giving The Last of Us 8/10, they say in the review that it is unmissable and one of the best games from the previous generation.

they give everything an 8 its getting kind of comical actually.

Yeah! The worst of all is they haven't even played the whole Remastered game for the review! 

"Carolyn originally played through The Last of Us when it was released on the PlayStation 3 last year. For the purposes of this review, she participated in a multiplayer session organized by Sony."

To make it all worse she gave the PS3 game an 8 too being and there are some improvements like the PhotoMode and the Left Behind DLC that had achieved 9 on its review there!

Just in case anyone cares ---> this person pictured above got fired from Gamespot today!

Burek said:
PlayMatt said:

[image]

Yeah! The worst of all is they haven't even played the whole Remastered game for the review! 

"Carolyn originally played through The Last of Us when it was released on the PlayStation 3 last year. For the purposes of this review, she participated in a multiplayer session organized by Sony."

To make it all worse she gave the PS3 game an 8 too being and there are some improvements like the PhotoMode and the Left Behind DLC that had achieved 9 on its review there!

Just in case anyone cares ---> this person pictured above got fired from Gamespot today!

She was fired? What for? o:

Let's see if it can beat the original's score. not expecting anything else though :P

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
Burek said:
PlayMatt said:

[image]

She was fired? What for? o:

News just broke that CBS Interactive, owner of Gamespot, cut a significant percentage of staff.

Sorry, can't link as I'm on the phone, but Google should find it easily.

2008ProchargedGT said:

First how is it an insult? The reason its obvious is you came to downplay this game even tho you stated you thought the last one was overrated. Meaning you came into this with a closed mind already. Second this dosent fit your analogy at all. If you handed in the same drawing every week you should not get the same score however if you turned in a really nice one with great tech then the next week you redid it with a new tool that few people have used and it turned out better than the original then yes you score should reflect that. Stop trying to make this inro something its not.

I know I shouldn't respond to this, because it's ridiculous and breaks the spirit the thread has going right now, but I guess I can't leave it just yet.

I will leave it though, after this.

First, if you don't see how it could be seen as insulting, then I hope you aren't like that in real life. Luckily I'm not someone that's easily stepped on his toes. Sadly for you I never once came in here to downplay this game, which should be pretty obvious if you indeed read and understood everything. I never once said a bad thing about this game, or this remaster itself (for what it is). Saying something is 'overrated' namely never necessarily means it's 'downplaying' nor is it the same as outright saying something sucks. Unless, of course, you're one of those people that think there's only two scores on the review scale to be given out. If you've never noticed, I actually praise Naughty Dog and their games every chance I get.

I however critisized, the scoring of certain reviews. Which I'm in my right to do so and which I would have thought was also pretty clear. It has nothing to do with being close-minded really, but what is close-minded is things I see here in this thread; the reluctance to accept that there's other opinions in the world.

Second. No. Just, no. It's the perfect analogy, but I guess you're too blinded to see it. You know what that teacher would say? "Yes, yes, very nice. I like how you used crayons instead of pencils here... Now, go think of something new instead. 6/10."

Besides congratulating Naughty Dog for pulling this off, I think that wraps everything up quite nicely, and like I said, I will leave it at this.

TequilaDealer said:
Down to 94. Gamer.no gave an 70 Score.

They gave the same harsh score to Oddworld: New & Tasty...

To give TLOU a medicore review for not improving too much seems ridiculous, it's still a 9/10 game, regardless of how much it improves on the original.

KingCherry said:
TequilaDealer said:
Down to 94. Gamer.no gave an 70 Score.

They gave the same harsh score to Oddworld: New & Tasty...

To give TLOU a medicore review for not improving too much seems ridiculous, it's still a 9/10 game, regardless of how much it improves on the original.

Back up to 95

95 meta score is awesome. :)