By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do FFXV and KH3 really make more sense on the XBO than the Wii U?

Yes, FFXIII sold pretty well on 360, so a FFXV port to XB1 just makes sense. Also, PS4 and XB1 are very similar, so I'm sure it's relatively simple and inexpensive to port over. That, and it has the muscle to run them without much issue, which is more than we can say for the Wii U.

Around the Network

TBH third party games dont sell much in nintendo home console. And compared to playstation and xbox third pary games make no sense. And this might be repetitive but the term "You cant sell a game in nintendo system if it doesnt have mario name" is kinda true.

FF XV and kingdom hearts 3 might seem a better fit on Wii U. But in reality Xbox One is perfect. And developers will not take any unnecessary risk at this situation of industry.

SamuraiShampoo said:
I don't see how a couple of portable side games mean there's an audience for KH3 on Wii U, especially when Wii U owners have shown repeatedly that they don't give a crap about anything but exclusives.

this

spemanig said:

I'm not trying to be patronizing here, but I really don't get it. How do FFXV, and especially KH3, make any sense on the XBO? Better yet, how do they make more sense than on the Wii U?

Again, I'm not trying to be patronizing. I genuinely don't know and am looking for an answer. This isn't retorical.

Porting from x86 to x86 is easy.

Porting from x86 to PPC is hard and requires good devs that know how to use the superior architecture and RISC.

Yes... for the same reason games like FFXIII made sense on 360 rather than Wii.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
spemanig said:

I'm not trying to be patronizing here, but I really don't get it. How do FFXV, and especially KH3, make any sense on the XBO? Better yet, how do they make more sense than on the Wii U?

KH3 Fused and FF15Quadro Edition will be out 2018 on Nintendo Fusion. Half a year after KH3 release on PS4 and FFXV-2-3-4 out for PS4/X1/PC.

spemanig said:
Bristow9091 said:
We know Square Enix love pushing for pretty graphics in their games, and the XOne is more powerful than the Wii U, so they'll be able to make both games look almost identical on both the XOne and the PS4... and I'm guessing the reason for putting it on multiple platforms is for more money...

... Just my guess anyways, lol, not saying it's true.

But what money? The Xbox brand is was dead last gen and will probably be non-existant this gen. On top of that, people who like JRPGs buy Playstation, then Nintendo, then not Xbox. I just don't see how this would do anything buy lose them money. I get the power thing, I really do, but it's the sales thing that makes my head itch.

Last generation until towards the end the Xbox 360 had a much better JRPG library than the PS3, which eventually overtook it. Sales were not astounding, but far from dead.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Boutros said:
Much easier port from the PS4 verison on the XBO.

Last generation I think SE developed in a PC dev environment and ported to relevant consoles. I reckon they'll continue doing that, given its even easier on the PS4 and X1's architectures.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Well, the XBO is a pretty capable system so of course they are going to port those games over to that system instead of the Wiiu.. I'm sure that a WiiU version of KH3 could do better than a X1 version, not sure about FFXV though!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

The portable audience does matter, at least with Nintendo fans. That's because the install base for portables is much, much higher than home consoles... currently. The DS had 155 million units sold, and most of those people at least know about the KH games out for the platform, and the games sold very well. Same thing with 3DS, KH 3D did very good business; who's to say that there aren't people who own both Wii U and 3DS? Considering how the hardcore Ninty fans have gotten the Wii U and only recently are the casuals getting into it, the audience is definitely there. You have to remember that fans like me were 10 years old and playing the original game on PS2; we took different journeys, but that doesn't mean it doesn't make sense to put it on the Nintendo home console.

That said, just because the audience is there doesn't mean they are necessarily smart. Going for the long-term investment is always worth it, because short-term wins don't last. Putting in that extra effort and extra money to develop for PPC architecture would be an excellent long-term investment, because it continues to establish the Sony/Nintendo exclusivity on the franchise. From a KH fan's point of view, MS doesn't deserve KH. From a business standpoint, I'm closing off a channel of productivity by doing this. It doesn't make sense to me.