By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple frustrated with "mentality" in mobile market

It's Apple fault for three reasons

1. Their crazily overpriced devices: if I pay 600€ for an iPad, I'm not going to pay 10€ for a small, short, indie game as well.

2. They lack of curation. I actually collect apps, and Apple is really bad at bringing forward the apps that deserve it. Instead it's filled with crappy apps nobodyor only the couch potatos want, or apps that you pay for, use once and throw away.

3. Never trust Apple. Some of the App I've bought are GONE from the Appstore.

Around the Network

It's like Frankenstein ... they created it, now no one can control it.

It's completely destroyed the casual and much of the mobile side of the market ... you have a whole generation of consumers that don't feel they should pay for mobile/casual games.

Sony and Nintendo do over charge for their handheld games though on the other end of the spectrum. $19.99-$24.99 (max) is a fair price for a handheld game.

i got no problem dropping 4$ on a game hell 5$  but i refuse to do that then feel like i have to buy items in game to fully enjoy the game, Hell i even have bought games that have a full free version of the game just to get rid of the ads.  The other problem on this is i dont play the mobile games all that much just when im waiting for something and i find very few of them to be any good.

What do you expect when you're exclusively marketing the casual market with your portable devises? They don't care what's good and what's bad, they just want everything as cheap as possible. People that know technology and want good games and apps, buy consoles or computers.

Off topic: And take the damn App Store out of OS-X.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

"Mobile will take over" My ass. xD

Around the Network

You reap what you sow. Suck it, Apple!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Well, no one wants to pay $4 for a shitty game. Make a good game and sell it for $4, and you'll get tons of sale (see: Minecraft, Grand Theft Auto, Terraria, etc)

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

The kinds of people who are willing to spend 10-20 bucks a pop on games might also be the kind of people who would rather pay for a dedicated handheld.

paying anything over $1 to finger swipe my way through a game is stupid

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

I will never buy any game for my android phone. Why should I when the game could be extremely laggy and barely functional on my device.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P