By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I've come to the realization that most first party Nintendo games suck.

Some suck but not 50% of them. I think like 25% aren't that good but the rest are at least average.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

I wonder how many people will reply to this thread without actually reading the OT... :p

I don't agree with you using it as a basis for your opinion of Nintendo as a whole (though that's the nature of opinions), but you do make valid points. The more games a publisher pushes out every year, the more of it that is likely to be seen as mediocre in the eyes of individual people.

Personally, i believe publishers/developers should be judged by the consistency that they push out their best titles, not their worst.

I don't play nintendo first party games anymore, not unless their new ip's. Wonderful 101 (owned by ninty) good. Mario bad

Zekkyou said:

I wonder how many people will reply to this thread without actually reading the OT... :p

I don't agree with you using it as a basis for your opinion of Nintendo as a whole (though that's the nature of opinions), but you do make valid points. The more games a publisher pushes out every year, the more of it that is likely to be seen as mediocre in the eyes of individual people.

Personally, i believe publishers/developers should be judged by the consistency that they push out their best titles, not their worst.

a lot. 

I don't think they suck; I just don't give a shit about most of them execpt Zelda and Metroid. (Sony and MS waste their ip's)

generic-user-1 said:
kirby is made for children, its meant to be the easyest of the nintendo games. u couldnt die in some kirbys.
and joshi is all about art the gameplay was never that great. and Tomodachi Life is a game for the sims crowd.
the gameplay problems in joshi are the only thing u can blame nintendo for, the rest is bad choosing.

Its all made with children and families in mind. Nintendo doesn't go beyond a teen rating in their development. 

Around the Network

having bad taste is normal

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
having bad taste is normal

Having opinions are normal too.

I kind of find that, generally speaking, Nintendo's titles have filled a part of my life best described as 'My Party Console.' Basically, when I have friends over and everyone plonks down on the couch for some gaming, we generally haul out a Nintendo console, because dat's where the local multiplayer goodness is at. Though I wouldn't say that Nintendo releases many games anymore that make me go 'Wooooow,' @_@ I must say, our parties get a lot more out of even the Gamecube than they do any of Microsoft's or Sony's titles.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

I respect that u personally dont like many Nintendo games, there is nothing wrong with that but to say they suck just because they dont appeal to u seems a bit extreme.

I dont personally like the Beatles but I recognize that they are a great and very influential band, just because I dont like them doesnt mean they suck just not my personal preference.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

fireburn95 said:
I don't play nintendo first party games anymore, not unless their new ip's. Wonderful 101 (owned by ninty) good. Mario bad

So you're a Platinum Games fan then.