By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I've come to the realization that most first party Nintendo games suck.

Just because you dont like them doesnt mean they arent some of the finest in their genre. You are probably playing Nintendo games in genres you dont like.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
kupomogli said:

This is opinion only, but for multiconsole owners and players such as myself, whenever talking about what developers create the best first party games, you might say Nintendo, Sony/Microsoft, then the other, or Sony/Microsoft, Nintendo, then the other.  Rarely do people place Nintendo last because of their long list of amazing first party titles they've developed in the past and the games we're interested in playing from the company are usually great.  Multiconsole owners have the mindset that Nintendo games are always atleast decent because we just don't play many games outside of  those that we really want, and it's not like you ever hear anything bad from a Nintendo fan about all of these games, right?

We expect some terrible or completely average games once in awhile, but when we really only purchase the games we're interested in and avoid pretty much everything else because Nintendo's policy of never dropping below MSRP, it doesn't really stand out as much how many bad releases they push out on average.  So because of this buy one get one free sale from Best Buy, I decided I'd get games that I wouldn't purchase at full price but the games being $17.50 or $20 a piece, I had no problem purchasing because hey, it's a Nintendo game and Nintendo games are always atleast decent, right? 

Kirby Triple Deluxe is good.  It's a bit easy, but between the main game which I've finished two worlds so far and what I've played of the other two modes, it's pretty fun.  Two of the other games I've played.  Yoshi's New Island and Tomodachi Life though, were just terrible.  Yoshi's New Island is one of the worst platformers I've played in a long time.  Tomodachi Life, as mentioned in another thread, has some okay events that consist of a little bit of gameplay, but mostly consists of doing menial tasks for the islanders.  Zelda I haven't played, and maybe I shouldn't assume it's a good game, but I will anyways. 

So it got me thinking of other Nintendo first party titles I've got burned on and when thinking about itI've held little to no enjoyment of over 50% of the Nintendo titles I've played in the past decade.  

Next time a thread comes up about rating first party games, Nintendo will no longer be sitting in second place.  And I'll no longer attempt to take advantage of any sort of deal to get Nintendo games that might be good.  I think I'll just stick with the few interests I still have with the company.  Smash Bros, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Xenoblade, and 2D Metroid.

Yoshi's New Island wasn't made by nintendo. Tomodachi Life, if you didn't like it it's probably because it isn't for you. That one is mainly for japanese friendly people, if you don't like the culture, you don't like the game. 

spurgeonryan said:
I agree. Mario 3D world was not the 3D that I wanted. There seems to be no quality control with games such as DKTF, they made it so hard to beat the game, they should have taken their time and made it easy as well.

Wind Waker is just like a directors cut of a decade old game. Why not give us a new Zelda?

Mario Kart 8....where is the Battle arenas? That is just Nintendo being lazy.

I am all with you Mate! Only third party games whenever I can from now on.

Retro studios ain't about making easy games. If you can't handle it, that's on you. 

The amount of "opinion=fact" crap going on in this thread is appalling, stupid, hilarious.

That´s fine. I think the same about Sony´s first party games.

Around the Network

At least I know you are a major Pokémon fan. It all equals out in the end.

POE said:
That´s fine. I think the same about Sony´s first party games.

But in your case, people will label you as close-minded and disrespectful.

Smear-Gel said:
The amount of "opinion=fact" crap going on in this thread is appalling, stupid, hilarious.

Indeed.  The nonsense about reviewers giving Nintendo games high scores simply because they don't judge them fairly gave me a chuckle too.

random15 said:

Oh boy now you have done it! Nintendo and suck don't go together on this site. 

Lol. Ik. I don't know what's happened recently. I feel like this site used to lean towards sony a bit. But ever since e3, it's felt like this site is slowly becoming nintendo dominated. 

There's only a few games that I like from nintendo. Pokemon on gameboy, the SSB series, Paper marios 1 and 2, and star fox 64. I honestly don't enjoy any other nintendo exclusives. I'm bored to pieces by mario kart and essentially every mario platformer.