By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny multiplayer vs Halo multiplayer (in general)

Choose

Destiny - Better story, better MP 61 25.52%

Halo - Better story, better MP 126 52.72%

Destiny - Better story----Halo - better MP 12 5.02%

Halo- Better story----Destiny- better MP 17 7.11%

havent played both and I'm ga- 22 9.21%

Total:238
GamechaserBE said:

They are not really the same, how many people can play destiny together from on a couch?

You know that experience when your gf sends you a message that she and some chicks will be at a party at midnight and that it will be amazing! so you call your friends and they  arrive already at 8 PM at your house and you all decide to eat some pizza/junkfood while playing halo together....And then around 4 Am in the morning you check your phone and read angry messages from your gf because you and your friends prefer having fun at home playing that stupid Halo game while she was waiting for us to show up at a party......Destiny will not provide that experience :(.

This guy is making a great argument!

I've played hundreds of hours of Halo games because playing with friends in the same room is a fun experience. I was hoping Destiny would bring that given that's something I associate with Bungie. Even Titanfall failed to deliver that.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
VanceIX said:
Headshot said:

I'm not saying it's on the same scale as Destiny's PvE. I'm just saying it has PvE multiplayer.

I'm not even sure if co-op horde games (which almost every shooter has now) classifies as PvE. PvE usually revolves around story and exploration, neither of which is present in firefight. Spartan ops is kinda PvE, but even then there's little exploration or story.

PvE simply means player versus environment and little more. Story and exploration could be part of a PvE mode but they aren't fundamental to the term. Firefight is still very much a PvE mode.

20happyballs said:

But firefight was confined to firefight maps and Spartan ops was basically the same thing but with no waves and an uninspired story.  Imo both were pretty boring. PvE multiplayer in Destiny is part of the actual campaign and accomodates actual missions and exploration. It's not really comparable.

I never meant to say halo had PvE on the scale Destiny is doing it, however I don't quite understand what you mean by PvE multiplayer being part of the campaign. Once you get to the areas of the story missions you pick in orbit you come acrosss an area you cannot respawn in and its only you and your fireteam. This isn't any different from playing through the halo campaign on co-op although you could do that with 3 other people instead of just 2.

Firefight and spartan ops may be boring to you but its not as if exploring old russia and doing those repetitive tasks is going to be everyones idea of fun.