By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny multiplayer vs Halo multiplayer (in general)

Choose

Destiny - Better story, better MP 61 25.52%

Halo - Better story, better MP 126 52.72%

Destiny - Better story----Halo - better MP 12 5.02%

Halo- Better story----Destiny- better MP 17 7.11%

havent played both and I'm ga- 22 9.21%

Total:238

Can you jump high like u could in halo 3

Around the Network
mtxamaze9142 said:
Can you jump high like u could in halo 3

In destiny? There is double jump for once class, and jetpacks for other two

Why are we comparing an entire series (one that's had multiple itterations to evolve and fine tune itself), with a limited functionality beta, again?

As for the ballance issues, the beta only sports one format, no level/gear advantage, so everyone is stuck at a low level with no defence and their weapons are all locked to one-type damage setups, the only difference being rate of fire. So yess, vehicles will indeed be overpowered in such an instance.

However, when you have people running around with high end gear and high defense in the retail version, those vehicles are only really going to be a problem from people who didn't bother to level up.

With such a limited taste of the multiplayer, in both PVE and PVP, and even less of a taste of the games campaign, the whole comparison is pointless.

I will say, however, that Destiny has more potential, and depending on additional game modes/progression and how the rest of the story plays out from where the beta left off, it could well be better than Halo.

Tamron said:

However, when you have people running around with high end gear and high defense in the retail version, those vehicles are only really going to be a problem from people who didn't bother to level up.

Again its not just the vehicles that are unbalanced.  That includes armor and weapons.  Because it is using a MMO format whoever has the best armor and weapons will automatically have an advantage.  Not to mention the abilities are overpowered.

This is what i meant when i said its unalanced where as halo is very balanced from both aspects of the game, vehicle and infaltry. 

JayWood2010 said:
Tamron said:

Again its not just the vehicles that are unbalanced.  That includes armor and weapons.  Because it is using a MMO format whoever has the best armor and weapons will automatically have an advantage.  Not to mention the abilities are overpowered.

This is what i meant when i said its unalanced where as halo is very balanced from both aspects of the game, vehicle and infaltry. 

When you connect to a game it matches you up with people around your level/stat range.

hence "Evaluating guardians" progress.

Around the Network

I don't really want to judge Destiny on its beta for single-player, the plot sounds interesting but when playing the story missions in the beta, I just didn't feel myself getting connected to the story and being immersed within the missions. I would think that the story will get substantially better as it goes along or atleast I really hope it does.

PvP in destiny is horrifying. It can't compare to the worst halo multiplayer game(reach at launch before 343 fixed it) and it shouldn't be used in the same sentence as the halo 1, 2 and 3 because halo completely blows it out of the water.

its a bit early really, seeing as how we've seen 4 maps, and only 2 play formats that are very close but also rather different.

The regular crucible is pretty balanced. Yes the vehicles on the moon are off, but they have already acknowledged this and are making changes, including small blast radius and slower rate of fire. aswell as putting one on the map in the middle instead of each team having one.

the iron banner is a non-balanced arena. The whole point of it is bring your best gear and battle others who bring the best gear. I love this as there are alot of noobs who want to be part of it and get their ass handed back to them. This is where the fruits of your labor in PvE pay off.

I really hope for a mode without the super abilities, those can feel a bit unbalanced.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Sorry but Halo has been death for me since Halo 1. 2 and 3 was pretty average( can't forget kill the monkey at the end of Halo 2, lol). So far I'm hooked with Destiny beta, not so much for the story but for the gameplay and exploration.

VanceIX said:
Destiny has PvE multiplayer, and thus wins. PvP is boring now in almost all shooters.

Yeah. I have to admit, I'm spending less and less time on shooters MP for every single one I get. 

petroleo said:
Sorry but Halo has been death for me since Halo 1. 2 and 3 was pretty average( can't forget kill the monkey at the end of Halo 2, lol). So far I'm hooked with Destiny beta, not so much for the story but for the gameplay and exploration.

I agree. I don't know what it is, but Halo has never interested me. I've played most of the halo games and friends' houses, and I just never get that into it. The only reason I get into it at all is competitiveness with friends. The only time I've had much fun with Halo is playing grif ball (sorry if that's spelled wrong).