By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny multiplayer vs Halo multiplayer (in general)

Choose

Destiny - Better story, better MP 61 25.52%

Halo - Better story, better MP 126 52.72%

Destiny - Better story----Halo - better MP 12 5.02%

Halo- Better story----Destiny- better MP 17 7.11%

havent played both and I'm ga- 22 9.21%

Total:238

Where is the option for Halo better Story and Multiplayer?

Around the Network
Vasto said:

Second option.

Burek said:
Vasto said:

Second option.

While I love Destiny and am completely addicted right now, I would have to say that Halo was probably better. Well just Halo 1-3 were better than the Destiny Beta. I have so many amazing memories of Halo 3's pvp. I remember getting really focused on each ranked match and trying desperately to earn my level 50. I remember having those heart pounding matches that ended in battle cries of joy after ending the game with a score of 50 to 49. I remember challenging the opposing team's leading player on one on one confrontations and feeling the pride of taking him down. I even remember the crazy fun community forge maps and gametypes that I would play with my friends. No other game has ever given me the thrill and fun that those Halo games have. Other fps games just feel somewhat impersonal and each match lacks importance. I really hope that Bungie can somehow bring back those aspects into Destiny. One of the easy ways to do it would be to have a skilled ranked playlist.

VanceIX said:
Destiny has PvE multiplayer, and thus wins. PvP is boring now in almost all shooters.

Halo: ODST launched in 2009 with a mode called firefight which was then heavily expanded upon in Halo: Reach. In fact you could customize literally anything you wanted in reach and play your own firefight games with your friends if you didn't like the different variants of firefight Bungie put in matchmaking. Halo 4 launched with spartan ops.

PvE multiplayer has been in Halo for nearly 5 years now, I'm guessing you haven't played a lot of halo.

Around the Network
Headshot said:
VanceIX said:
Destiny has PvE multiplayer, and thus wins. PvP is boring now in almost all shooters.

Halo: ODST launched in 2009 with a mode called firefight which was then heavily expanded upon in Halo: Reach. In fact you could customize literally anything you wanted in reach and play your own firefight games with your friends if you didn't like the different variants of firefight Bungie put in matchmaking. Halo 4 launched with spartan ops.

PvE multiplayer has been in Halo for nearly 5 years now, I'm guessing you haven't played a lot of halo.

I have Hao 3, Halo Reach, and Halo 4. So yeah, I've played tons.

The "firefight" in Halo is more just a condensed co-op, not truly PvE on the massive scale like it is in Destiny, which offers a lot more missions than just surviving waves. In Halo, PvE is a very small option, while in Destiny the game is built on PvE.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Headshot said:
VanceIX said:

But firefight was confined to firefight maps and Spartan ops was basically the same thing but with no waves and an uninspired story.  Imo both were pretty boring. PvE multiplayer in Destiny is part of the actual campaign and accomodates actual missions and exploration. It's not really comparable.

VanceIX said:
Headshot said:
VanceIX said:

The "firefight" in Halo is more just a condensed co-op, not truly PvE on the massive scale like it is in Destiny, which offers a lot more missions than just surviving waves. In Halo, PvE is a very small option, while in Destiny the game is built on PvE.

I'm not saying it's on the same scale as Destiny's PvE. I'm just saying it has PvE multiplayer.

Headshot said:
VanceIX said:

I'm not saying it's on the same scale as Destiny's PvE. I'm just saying it has PvE multiplayer.

I'm not even sure if co-op horde games (which almost every shooter has now) classifies as PvE. PvE usually revolves around story and exploration, neither of which is present in firefight. Spartan ops is kinda PvE, but even then there's little exploration or story.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

They are not really the same, how many people can play destiny together from on a couch?

You know that experience when your gf sends you a message that she and some chicks will be at a party at midnight and that it will be amazing! so you call your friends and they  arrive already at 8 PM at your house and you all decide to eat some pizza/junkfood while playing halo together....And then around 4 Am in the morning you check your phone and read angry messages from your gf because you and your friends prefer having fun at home playing that stupid Halo game while she was waiting for us to show up at a party......Destiny will not provide that experience :(.