By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Was the First Time You Were Banned?

I was banned for the first time don't know when anymore, for saying; Xbots and Nintendroids.

Around the Network
naruball said:
DirtyP2002 said:
I was banned for calling Left 4 Dead an exclusive. Back then there was a rule by one mod that did not allow to call console exclusives as exclusives.

3 day ban.

5 years later, the ban still does not make any sense.

Are you sure that was all that happened? Can you link to the post? It sounds really weird to me, though perhaps that's exactly what happened and that mod was abusing his powers. I just can't see the logic behind it.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=2960637

"Trolling (You know our rules on exclusives. Follow it or get off the site. I don't care, but trolling the rule and the site will not be tolerated.)"

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Ka-pi96 said:
AZWification said:

Now you know why I don't want to post it...

Just found it.

:o You said the original Xbox was better than the 360.... I can understand why you got banned

I don't even know why the hell I said that when I don't even like the original Xbox all that much! I really regret making that thread! >.<

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I posted some truths about the 360 that wasn't popular

Since I joined in 2007 or 2008 I was never banned. I was warned twice, but for reasons I could not understand.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
AZWification said:

I don't even know why the hell I said that when I don't even like the original Xbox all that much! I really regret making that thread! >.<

So does this mean you do like the 360? *ready to party*

Yes, I do! Maybe Rol was right and someone did hack into my account at the time!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

DirtyP2002 said:
naruball said:
DirtyP2002 said:
I was banned for calling Left 4 Dead an exclusive. Back then there was a rule by one mod that did not allow to call console exclusives as exclusives.

3 day ban.

5 years later, the ban still does not make any sense.

Are you sure that was all that happened? Can you link to the post? It sounds really weird to me, though perhaps that's exactly what happened and that mod was abusing his powers. I just can't see the logic behind it.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=2960637

"Trolling (You know our rules on exclusives. Follow it or get off the site. I don't care, but trolling the rule and the site will not be tolerated.)"

Ok if I got this right you weren't banned for calling a game an exclusive but for criticizing a mod ("a mod on VGC vs the videogame industry"). That's completely different from what you said. And although I assume the mod made this rule to stop the constant fighting between ps and ms fans on what's an exclusive, I'm sure there must have been a better way for the mod tram to deal with this situation.

I was banned for saying most first party Nintendo games sell based on name recognition rather than being good. I still believe this is true, or rather I'm pretty sure it's true.

kupomogli said:

I was banned for saying most first party Nintendo games sell based on name recognition rather than being good. I still believe this is true.  Or rather I'm pretty sure it's true.

This applies to a lot of games...

I am sorry for some kind of off-topic, but where can i see if i already got banned? Maybe i did, but i did not noticed as i have been not too active on VGC until some point in 2013.
I left a post here and there but all in all i really could have been banned a week or two without noticing it at all with ease^^
I checked my profile and settings, but can unfortunately not find any ban-information tab or something like that. -.-

Thanks a lot!