By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox Assault stage revealed for Smash! Opinions on the game..

What's the better of these two Star Fox Assault tracks?

Star Fox Assault - VS: Great Fox 22 78.57%

Star Fox Assault - VS: Katina 6 21.43%

Total:28

Star Fox Assault? Ehh.... It's better than Adventures, but that's not saying much!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

This stage is how Star Fox U should look like..

I really enjoyed Assault. It got more stick than it should have, its only real downfall was its short length but what was there was a thrilling and tightly designed experience. Local mp was a blast. Was gorgeous too. Yeh, I even enjoyed the tank sections.

It wasn't that bad, at least it was enjoyable enough for me to pick up and play the whole way through one afternoon. Obviously thats no real feat as it was quite short, but I think if it was any longer its deficiencies wouldve started to become grating.

Updated the op with some great new pics that some might not have seen.

On topic:

If my memory serves me right I think SF Assault was actually longer than SF64 on a single play through (more stages), though still being a linear game had less replayability. 

Around the Network

It was terrible compared to the SNES and N64 games, but it was gold compared to that piece of trash Adventures.

curl-6 said:
It was terrible compared to the SNES and N64 games, but it was gold compared to that piece of trash Adventures.

Adventures was one of the only games that I beat 100% in a 3 day rental, it was a good graphical showpiece but the gameplay was way too simple and repetitive.  I actually found the toned down Arwing sections to be more enjoyable gameplay-wise than the normal combat.

foxtail said:
curl-6 said:

Adventures was one of the only games that I beat 100% in a 3 day rental, it was a good graphical showpiece but the gameplay was way too simple and repetitive.  I actually found the toned down Arwing sections to be more enjoyable than the normal combat gameplay-wise.

The graphics were incredible for a Gamecube game, I'll give it that, especially the fur shading and water.

The gameplay, on the other hand, I found mind-numbingly dull, from the tedious combat to the crude puzzles. Also, the voice acting made me want to take a power drill to my ear drum.