By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Q4 FY2014 Earnings: 1.1m Xbox One + 360 shipped, $4.61 billion profit (down 7.1% from year earlier), Xbox revenue up 14% to $104m

They have announced last time that they are slowing X1 production, but still....
Looking at sales numbers from VGC as a hint, perhaps 650/450 or 7/4 split. Basically shipping what PS4 sold only stateside. They cannot be happy about that.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
sully1311 said:
Just reading GAF, people are surprised that the shipment is so low. I thought they were clued up!

GAF threads about sales are awful. The average user there is nowhere near as  educated on sales as those of us here 

Gaf is better than this forum in some ways but sales discussion is for sure not one of them.

I've been telling them on and off for months now that they're wrong with most of their sales figures ... but then they ask me how I know. Even though I reiterate over and over that the numbers I'm providing come from the forum here, as soon as I mention VGC they instantly dismiss them. Then I have to risk a ban by pointing out once again that people on here are pretty savvy and tend to come to better conclusions.

Some people had the XB1 at 5m sold, which is why they're reacting as they are now.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
BenVTrigger said:
sully1311 said:
Just reading GAF, people are surprised that the shipment is so low. I thought they were clued up!

GAF threads about sales are awful. The average user there is nowhere near as  educated on sales as those of us here 

Gaf is better than this forum in some ways but sales discussion is for sure not one of them.

I've been telling them on and off for months now that they're wrong with most of their sales figures ... but then they ask me how I know. Even though I reiterate over and over that the numbers I'm providing come from the forum here, as soon as I mention VGC they instantly dismiss them. Then I have to risk a ban by pointing out once again that people on here are pretty savvy and tend to come to better conclusions.

Yep, I'm pretty sure we have the X1 sellthrough number pretty spot on.

Well we know Microsoft announced in mid June for E3 they shipped 84 million Xbox 360s and given that the standing from March 30 was 83.7, at a minimum the 360 shipped 300k units.

Which leaves xbox one at 800k for the quarter which is quite low.

GribbleGrunger said:

Yeah honestly I dont think many people on GAF have any idea how good some of the sales discussion on here can be. Chartz numbers are off sometimes so the whole forum gets a bad stigma but in terms of understanding the business side of the industry we are far ahead of them.

Around the Network

This is an example from GAF:

"Aren't the numbers shipped? So they could have shipped zero Xb1s for the whole quarter? Seems unlikely though?"

They do know they released a new SKU in this quarter right?

Azerth said:
something i think most people overlook

Xbox Platform revenue increased $104 million or 14%, driven primarily by increased console revenue. We sold in 1.1 million consoles in the fourth quarter, as we drew down channel inventory, compared to 1.0 million consoles during the prior year.
http://www.microsoft.com/investor/EarningsAndFinancials/Earnings/PressReleaseAndWebcast/FY14/Q4/default.aspx

yeah, they even announced that  last quarter with the "drewing down the channel inventory"  so not really a surprise. 

Xbox does obviously not really great atm but nothing in the numbers today which wasn't to expect like it is. 

Just remembering, MS announced 84 million at E3, so we know at least 300,000 of those units are 360s. So X1 is less than 800,000

I think those numbers aren't very good.

Lower profits is not good. And quite a low amount of Xbox's shipped. Kinda disappointing overall.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

But anyways while the Xbox number is certainly lower than Im sure MS was hoping its not surprising really given current sales patterns.