By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Q4 FY2014 Earnings: 1.1m Xbox One + 360 shipped, $4.61 billion profit (down 7.1% from year earlier), Xbox revenue up 14% to $104m

sully1311 said:
Dark_Feanor said:
I was expecting 900k total, 600k XOne and 300K 360s.

Now put those numbers at 750k XOne and 350K 360s.

Not bad for a failure lying machine.

It's better than what I thought too, but it's still awful.

I think awful is a strong word.

They are OK giving the strong competition they are facing and all the hate still around (Jimquisition p.e.). 

It already shiped 20% more than the 360 that was $200 cheaper and running alone in the HD front.

The XOne price is still a burden. People want Kinect, but not at $500. But they are not willing to give profit over market share.

Around the Network
SaberSaurus said:
DirtyP2002 said:
SaberSaurus said:

Good, that POS company deserves to fail.

- Moderated, Carl

oh a warning... for saying that the "Piece of Shit company deserves to fail".

just looking why Kowe was banned... for two weeks...
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6504894

Yeah he said "Sony fired 35000 people since 2008" because Sony indeed fired 35000 people since 2008. That was clearly against the rules.
BAN THIS &!#§%

Never change VGC, never change!

What's your problem? Does hearing bad things about Microsoft make your ass hurt that much? Grow the fuck up.
Edit: You got what you wanted.

These numbers aren't exactly bad my friend.
And no, it does not "make my ass hurt that much". But your posts do not really push the conversation in the right direction.

Anyway, what is this with all this overshipping nonsense coming up again?
I thought you guys noticed that you just can't overship. Stores order the amount of consoles they think they will sell in a reasonable timeframe. A manufacturer can't force retailers (read: customers) to buy more and therefore ship more of their products. If they could, they would.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:

oh a warning... for saying that the "Piece of Shit company deserves to fail".

just looking why Kowe was banned... for two weeks...
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6504894

Yeah he said "Sony fired 35000 people since 2008" because Sony indeed fired 35000 people since 2008. That was clearly against the rules.
BAN THIS &!#§%

Never change VGC, never change!

Consider this your one and only warning from me regarding complaining about moderations outside of the designated thread.

SaberSaurus had a clean history, it had to be a warning. kowenicki has a long history, hence the ban.

No more now, DirtyP. No more.

People that have been saying Xbox is doomed though are off base.

It very likely won't ship Xbox 360 numbers but it will still sell moderately. We won't be looking at truly awful sales especially once high quality software starts releasing.

BenVTrigger said:

It very likely won't ship Xbox 360 numbers but it will still sell moderately. We won't be looking at truly awful sales especially once high quality software starts releasing.

Agreed. The XB1 is a very good console and will have some damned fine exclusives. It's certainly not doomed as some people like to say.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

at least its showing profits overall. and when some halo games come out and gears comes out, it will be glorious as a gamer.

after the last gen with the ps3 selling up like it did the last few years once it got better games and a good price. it can and i think it will happen with xbo. Its only good for the industry.

GribbleGrunger said:
BenVTrigger said:

Agreed. The XB1 is a very good console and will have some damned fine exclusives. It's certainly not doomed as some people like to say.

Comparing with the 160K WiiU Nintendo shiped last year I would say the XOne is a great success.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/nintendo-financial-q1-still-makes-profit-despite-l-29429916/

BenVTrigger said:

Purely guessing, I´d say it´ll sell ~45/50 million WW.

Congrats Ms, too bad we don't have separated numbers to gauge stock on hélices but since they are cleaning the channel of oversupplied X1 perhaps 600k and 500k X360. Bringing Ltd shipped to 5,6M (sold around 4,5M) for X1 and 84,5M (sold 84M?) for X360.
Let's see next quarter numbers to see how much kinectless have impacted the sales.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Still think the Xbox One will do really well this Year with value bundles, especially with the MC Collection.