By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict Wii U sales for the end of the year.

padib said:

I think the pool is large but I think that the overlap is a small fraction of the pool. My basis is Wii sales, where most games sold on it were games that wouldn't appeal to twins owners in general if the games libraries are any indicator (e.g. Wii series is not popular with that crowd).

From what I've understood so far, games that appeal to twins owners are Nintendo's heavy hitters aimed towards that crowd or somewhere in between (Galaxy, Zelda, Smash, Mario Kart, Xenoblade).

In the end, I think that even if the games cater to their tastes, they are still different enough to remain unaffected by what is released on the twins. Also, when a game is desirable to a twins owner, it's usually an insta-buy. Otherwise the appeal is not strong enough to warrant a purchase. We have some people explaining their buying habits on Vgchartz to help solidify insights.

In other words, my take is that a game like Smash is a system seller to a portion of the overlapping pool in a way that is largely unaffected by what is coming out for the twins unless it's a coveted release (like Halo or Destiny).

The overlap is a large pool according to what you just said, that is people that buy wii u as a secondary console. The Wii doesn't really apply here because it's a whole different situation but there was certainly overlap there as well as many people owned at least a wii and a ps3 or a 360 or both.

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:

Let's say it sell at around 63,000 for the next 13 weeks untill october and then goes on to sell around 85,000 a week from their untill the end of the year then I say that it will sell approximately : 1,754,000 +  6,587,078 = 8,341,078.*

* Accordng to vg chartz numbers.

Lol, you are underestimating christmas numbers by a large amount.

November should be between 150k and 200k a week.

December should be at least 1,5 million for Wii U, more probably over 2 millions.

I can easily bet Wii U will be over 9 millions. Probably over 10 millions.

Ill update the op with the predictions later.

Wii U is currently at 6.7M. Last december it did more than 1M, so people predicting less than 9M are VERY crazy. :p

Are some of you guys expecting it to sell less than 1.3M in 4 months (including part of holiday) with games like Smash Bros./Amiibo, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, etc? =o

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I guess it will be very very very close to 10million. Something like 9.6-10.6 million should be the possible range.
So i say 10.1 million.

Around the Network

9 mil with SSB out

10 Million

tak13 said:
10.2-12.5, wii u has a new base 60000-66000 ,2014 will outsell 2013, because may and june 2014 sales is doubled in regard may-june of 2013,so wii u probably will sale 440000 july-august!so 7.1...September-october with hyrule warriors effect..800000..so 7.9 November of smash bros 800000 so 8.7 and December of holidays 2mill so 10.7 at least

Agreed

9.5 millions is my bet

8.2 million