By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict Wii U sales for the end of the year.

7.3m

Around the Network

10 Million.

It's certainly possible.

The baseline should increase to 85K+ a week by  end of September. Then later 110K a week, and during game releases for Byaonetta / HW......about 120K too cos thats still before Holidays.

But Novemeber and Ocotober 300K+, maybe even MORE at release WEEK of Smash. 

10.9 Mil.

9m

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

phaedruss said:
Lucas-Rio said:
A little more than 10 millions, I think. The holiday season is going to be much better for the Wii U this time. 3D World was a weak headliner, compared to MK8 and Smash Bros.

The 3DS version of Smash Bros isn't going to be a serious rival to the Wii U one.

Yes Smash and MK8 are out or will be out, but there's another thing that's different as well, much more capable competition is out as well.

It was out last year and turned out to be just hype. There is no competition for the Wii U.

Around the Network
Lucas-Rio said:
phaedruss said:
Lucas-Rio said:
A little more than 10 millions, I think. The holiday season is going to be much better for the Wii U this time. 3D World was a weak headliner, compared to MK8 and Smash Bros.

The 3DS version of Smash Bros isn't going to be a serious rival to the Wii U one.

Yes Smash and MK8 are out or will be out, but there's another thing that's different as well, much more capable competition is out as well.

It was out last year and turned out to be just hype. There is no competition for the Wii U.

Even more good news!

Lucas-Rio said:

Lol okie dokie. Xbox one sold 3 million in that month and half I believe and PS4 sold more than that IIRC.

phaedruss said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Lol okie dokie. Xbox one sold 3 million in that month and half I believe and PS4 sold more than that IIRC.

It was their launch. Wii U had a good launch too. PS4 is driving well but Xbox one has some trouble on his road. Anyway, none of them are direct competitor for the Wii U as they offer completely different games for the moment.

9 million.

Because of the Warriors fans in Japan are waiting for Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2 + 1 will find some fans, too and most important: Super Smash Bros., Amiibos and still Mario Kart 8.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

padib said:
phaedruss said:
Lucas-Rio said:

You're right, the PS4 and Xbox sales matter to each other. They just don't matter to Nintendo's sales, they haven't since the cube days. The Wii pulled Ninty in a direction and the twins pulled MS and Sony in such directions that they no longer directly compete.

So you're telling me that the PS2's success had nothing to do with how poorly the Gamecube sold? I don't buy that for a second.