By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 - 8.6m. Vita = 8.6m. Vita failure, PS4 success - eh ?

So PS4 is a success and Vita is a failure.

As of today VGChartz figures, both have approximately the same number of units. (8.6 million)

Failure - how does it work ?

Around the Network

Apparently you have no idea how failure works.

If you are confused by this, please look at the release dates of both systems....

context is everything.

for example,.. dick has a completely different meaning if i were talking to you than if it were talking about the USA's 37th president.

Lol, okay I'll bite. Look at when the Vita was released and then look at when the PS4 was released.

Thanks jlmurph!

Around the Network

After initially writing a sarcastic response, I decided instead to be nice and explain things.

If baseball player A hits 50 homeruns in his first season, and player B hits 50 homeruns in 2 seasons, who is a better baseball player?

What if baseball player A is still hitting lots of homeruns each game, and baseball player B is constantly striking out nowadays?

If it's not clear, PS4 is player A, and PSV is player B.

Time for the PS4 to hit 8.6m: aprox 8 months = Success
Time for the Vita to hit 8.6m: aprox 31 months = Failure

I think VGC has PS4 severely undertracked personally. It's at at least 9 million by now.

Yup! This comparison is very valid because both systems obviously came out during the same period of time!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

JWeinCom said:
After initially writing a sarcastic response, I decided instead to be nice and explain things.

If baseball player A hits 50 homeruns in his first season, and player B hits 50 homeruns in 2 seasons, who is a better baseball player?

What if baseball player A is still hitting lots of homeruns each game, and baseball player B is constantly striking out nowadays?

If it's not clear, PS4 is player A, and PSV is player B.

Hasn't player B hit 50 home runs in 3 seasons? ;p

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.