By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 - 8.6m. Vita = 8.6m. Vita failure, PS4 success - eh ?

When was the Vita introduced to the market again?

And the PS4?

What about all the consoles that are CURRENTLY below 8.4 million units sold? so many xb1 fans argue that their console of choice is a great success! (it will be as succesful as other mid range consoles, certainly not as much as the 360 when all is said and done).

Around the Network
padib said:
Most consoles take off in their second and third years. The PS4 outran the vita in less than 1.

Vita release date: December 17, 2011
PS4 release date: 15 November 2013

Yep.

Can't believe how someone can only think to start a Thread like this.  I'm speechless.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

What's a Vita?

because the Vita has been out for 2 and a half years and that fact that it hasn't reached 10 million yet means that Sony should be embarrassed big how time on how much of a failure it currently is

Yeah sure...didnt you hear? Each Vita owner bought a PS4 for remote play. Now the PS4 will sell Vita levels from now on.

Around the Network
existenz2 said:

So PS4 is a success and Vita is a failure.

As of today VGChartz figures, both have approximately the same number of units. (8.6 million)

Failure - how does it work ?

Considering the Vita has been out nearly two years longer than the PS4 I'd say those numbers are pretty damning for the Vita. It has taken the Vita nearly three years to accomplish what the PS4 did in less than one.

Love my Vita but it hasn't exctly set the world on fire. But dat PS4 though...

I think he is a troll so i'll will not say anything

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

I don't get what you are saying... are u trying to say that both are failures or that the vita's failure made the ps4 a success or something?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

This has got to be a joke thread.

Same reason Wii U isn't considered a "success" even though it's only about 2m behind PS4.

Context - How does it work?