By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Israel is getting out of hand

JWeinCom said:
DarkD said:
this is probably one of the biggest contributing factors to the middle-east terrorist groups. If it was just the US minding it's own business over here, then they probably wouldn't have much to complain about, however they have armed to the teeth Israel who is constantly bombing the crap out of their neighbors in a never ending bloody war. All because we half assed the takeover of the territory. Now we fund them with 3 billion dollars a year which they exclusively use to buy weapons to blow up their neighbors with.

Wanna end terrorism in the middle-east, find a lasting solution to Israel...

Yeah, that's the biggest load of shit in this topic.  I guess the situation with ISIS in Iraq is Israel's fault?  The Syrian Civil War?  The Sinai insurgency? The Yemen Revolution?  The Fatah Hamas conflict? The Lebanon conflict? The Egyptian Revolution?  The Egyption Crisis?  Iran Iraq Wars?

Of all the death and bloodshed in the middle east, Israel has been involved in relatively little of it.  Conflicts between different sects of Islam and different political factions have been a FAR bigger issue in the region.  If you want to pretend that the Arab nations lived in peace before Israel, or that they would live in peace if Israel was wiped out, then all I can say is LOL.

brainwashing never ends

Around the Network

THE GENERAL'S SON: http://youtu.be/c4ZfnpN4Dfc

Ashadian said:
THE GENERAL'S SON: http://youtu.be/c4ZfnpN4Dfc

finally saw it, pretty interesting

What makes it more interesting is that it's not a Muslim or pro Muslim saying this. This is from the horses mouth with the facts. What I found to be amazing was that I thought the 6 day War was started by the Arabs but in fact it wasn't! A lot of myths get debunked by this guy!

I have always found the usage of the word propaganda funny...when the news is in your favor is a fact, otherwise its stupid false propaganda...
In any case, finding the absolute truth of this conflict is literally impossible...some people say this, some say that..some say justified deaths, some say freedom, others say comunism.
As someone who has live in a country (Venezuela) where the propaganda is the thing that keeps the goverment alive and international media sometimes exaggerating, is hard to believe ANYTHING that people tell you...

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
Ashadian said:
What makes it more interesting is that it's not a Muslim or pro Muslim saying this. This is from the horses mouth with the facts. What I found to be amazing was that I thought the 6 day War was started by the Arabs but in fact it wasn't! A lot of myths get debunked by this guy!

Well... that's a bit iffy.

To make a long story short, Egypt (led by Nasser) and Syria had both VERY publicly made very threatening statements against Israel.  To gain credibility among their people, each kept making increasingly bold statements against Israel which included ammassing troops along Israeli borders.

The speaker does correctly state that Egypt/Syria/Jordan did not pose an existential threat to Israel, but he does NOT and cannot correctly state that Egypt did not pose a threat.  The politicking between the powers in the Middle East (i.e. each claiming to hate Israel more than the other to gain credibility), inevitably would have lead to conflict.  Further, Egypt closed the strait of Tiran, an important aspect of Israeli trade, and began to expel UN peacekeeping forces.

Israel definitely struck first in the war wanting to eliminate the Egyptian airforce swiftly so they can focus on a woefully outmatched Syria and Jordan.  Israel also sent a message to Jordan saying the following "We are engaged in defensive fighting on the Egyptian sector, and we shall not engage ourselves in any action against Jordan, unless Jordan attacks us. Should Jordan attack Israel, we shall go against her with all our might."  Jordan attacked and Israel responded capturing the West bank.

So while Israel certainly attacked first, it is debatable who is really to blame for the hostilities.

Ashadian said:

I thought it was well documented that Israel attacked first...heck I believe even Wikipedia (which can be a bad source of information) states as so...Im on the phone so I can't double check that

Nintendo and PC gamer

Israel should just bomb Palestine back to the stone age and take back the territory that is rightfully theirs. Every few years things heat up and I wish for this to happen.

Palestine actually claims that half of Jerusalem is their capital. Yet, somehow, only island nations, Israel, Canada, the Czech Republic, and the United States outright claim that Palestine is not a state.

This is really the equivalent of a prolonged civil war.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

MohammadBadir said:
The code red alarm just went off while I was at the mosque, apparently a road near my town was hit.

Wow, that's scary! :O 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
MohammadBadir said:
The code red alarm just went off while I was at the mosque, apparently a road near my town was hit.

Wow, that's scary! :O 

Yeah, and my house is probably the closest house to that road in the entire town (I live on the outskirts), it's a good thing nobody was at home though, we were all at the mosque.