By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - what is your favorite LOZ game?

1) Ocarina of Time
2) A Link to the Past
3) Tie between the first The Legend of Zelda and Wind Waker

People saying Wind Waker was not hated are wrong, there was so much hate and disappointment among Zelda fans when it was shown for the first time with the cartoony graphics, specially because a year before Nintendo shown an epic demo of Link vs Ganon with "amazing" graphics.

I think it has a lot to do with your age and circle of friends, maybe younger people were ok with the graphics or didn't have discussions with their friends. At that time I was 18-20 years, most of my friends already moved to Sony console and called Nintendo kiddy. I tried to convince them it wasn't but things like GameCube design or Mario Sunshine weren't helping.

Wind Waker was the final nail in the coffin, when I saw that I was like "oh sh*t! My friends were right! WTF is that crap!". Wind Waker was the reason I didn't buy a GameCube (that and Rare being sold). It was years later that I saw a friend play it and convinced me it was a great game after all, and now is my third favorite Zelda.... but at that time was a huge letdown.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network

Skyward Sword even though it is not perfect it has the best puzzles, dungeons and sword fighting in any of the Zelda games.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I'm not a big fan of the series, but Skyward Sword's my favorite.

toot1231 said:
The obvious best one.
and the greatest game of all time.

oh I know Zelda Cdi Faces of evil! BEST GAME EAVer

hope 4 majora remake :D

I always feel back about picking a best...cuz it means there has to be a worst. Even the DS games were solid, in my opinion. Anyways, if I had to pick:

2D: A Link to the Past, A Link Between Worlds
3D: Wind Waker

Honorable mentions are Ocarina of Time, my first Zelda game, and Skyward Sword, which had the same colorful art style I loved about WW. If only it was more open and less linear, it might even dethrone it.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
AZWification said:
painmaster212 said:
Console: Link To The Past
Handheld: Link Between Worlds

Why so many Wind Wakers? I remember alot of fans hated that game when it first came out and now it's like a cult classic.

Those guys weren't true Zelda fans,, They were just some lame wannabes who hated WW for some dumb reasons..

they hated it because the "graphics sucked" which is no reason to hate on such a good game. I got the remake and its awesome

Mystro-Sama said:
1. Twilight Princess
2. Orcarina of Time
3. Wind Waker
4. Everything else

are those the only games you've played?

kupomogli said:

These two.  One's not a Zelda, but it's a clone of traditional Zelda that's better than any traditional Zelda imo.  Link's Awakening and Zelda 1 come very close though.

how is 3d dot game heroes, does it have good combat and is it adventerous as the 3d zeldas?

lukibrasil said:

they hated it because the "graphics sucked" which is no reason to hate on such a good game. I got the remake and its awesome

Yeah.. At least the game is getting the love it deserves nowadays!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Currently, I'm very much enjoying playing Wind Waker HD on hero mode.

Something...Something...Games...Something